Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: School Decisions and FAFSA Priority Date  (Read 512 times)

aleutian

• View Profile
School Decisions and FAFSA Priority Date
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:06:56 PM »
Perhaps someone can provide clarification for me on this issue.  The FAFSA priority dates for financial aid at law schools are in early to mid March.  I noticed when filling out the Internet FAFSA application that a maximum of six schools can be specified.  I have not heard back yet from a number of law schools and I have applied to more than six schools which I think is typical for most applicants.  To complicate matters, I've been waitlisted at my top choice.  It's not clear to me whether or not I'll hear back from all the law schools by early/mid-March.  I'm interested to know how people are going about selecting which schools they select for the priority date given the fact that you may not have heard from every law school by the FAFSA priority date.  If I'm just totally missing something here please let me know.

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: School Decisions and FAFSA Priority Date
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »
You can send the FAFSA to more than six schools right now - check the FAQ section on the FAFSA website.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: School Decisions and FAFSA Priority Date
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 03:49:08 PM »
You can send the FAFSA to more than six schools right now - check the FAQ section on the FAFSA website.

You have to wait until you get your SAR back though, right?

Yeah - that only took one day for me though. You should be able to send your FAFSA to as many schools as you want before the deadline as long as you start a little bit in advance.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN