Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 1285 times)

Schruted

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love her.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Kaplan a TTTesting company or are we all idiots?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 03:20:32 PM »
Kaplan is a TTTesting company.

It's amazing to me that they would make a mistake like this. Their students who use this information to decide whether to cancel or not are having their futures toyed with.
NYU 2010

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 04:01:25 PM »
I had version 1 - LR (26), RC (27), LR (25), LR (25), LG (22)

Before I turned in my answer sheet I counted these, and I know I didn't miss any questions.  When I was walking out of the test room I was thinking "when I get home I'm going to see if anyone on LSD knows if the test could have 99 questions."  I messed up section 3 so I was hoping that the 99 question scenerio was not allowed, or at least unlikely.

University of Toledo 0L

Ghilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »

Before I turned in my answer sheet I counted these, and I know I didn't miss any questions.  When I was walking out of the test room I was thinking "when I get home I'm going to see if anyone on LSD knows if the test could have 99 questions."  I messed up section 3 so I was hoping that the 99 question scenerio was not allowed, or at least unlikely.

I had that form.  I just can't see LSAC making two graded tests and thereby two curves for one LSAT administration.  That's why I think S3 was experimental for us. 

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 04:18:24 PM »

I had that form.  I just can't see LSAC making two graded tests and thereby two curves for one LSAT administration.  That's why I think S3 was experimental for us. 

But that would be impossible since many people had games in section 1 and 4.
USD 2010

turnitout

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »
yanks, i'm really hoping that isn't the sort of logic you relied on when taking the lsat...

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 04:55:56 PM »
yanks, i'm really hoping that isn't the sort of logic you relied on when taking the lsat...

I didn't take it in Feb.

And your comment makes no sense.

The person I quoted said he does not believe that LSAC would make two different tests.  Therefore, the experimental was section 3.  However, many people have had two games sections, neither in Section 3, discounting any chance that all test takers had a section 3 experimental.
USD 2010

testanxiety

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »
someone from another forum posted this...
_____________________________ ___________________________
I had the following sections
1. LR - experimental 26
2. RC - 27
3. LR - 25
---
4. LR - 26
5. LG - 22

Section 4 first page at the top are the stated # of questions in the section and I think it said 25. But when I was at 5 minutes left for the section, I went to the end and started working backwards to try to get easier questions. The last question was 26.

It was a long hard test for me and there is a lot about the test I dont remember, but I do remember that as being particularly odd, and would explain the paradox we seem to have.
_____________________________ ___________________________

if this is the case, it kind of sucks for those who went into the section thinking there were only 25 questions, and be surprised when they finally turn the page and get to question 20-21 and be like, oh crap, i have entire full question at the end of the section (which are the questions that usually take me longer, ~2 mins) that i did not expect.

either way, if this is the case, we'd never know, and lsac would never disclose it.

rnh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
I can't remember either--I was paying attention to the section headings. And I am fairly certain I saw 26-27-25-25-22

Ghilly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 06:32:46 PM »
I can't remember either--I was paying attention to the section headings. And I am fairly certain I saw 26-27-25-25-22

That's correct.  For the people who had LR RC LR LR LG it was 26-27-25-25-22.  I ALWAYS check the number of questions at the top of each section so that I can pace accordingly.

legallylegal

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 07:49:43 PM »
I am absolutely positive that on the section headings for the test form we are talking about (LR, RC, LR, LR, LG), the number or questions at the top were said to be 26, 27, 25, 25, 22. But I have no idea how many I actually bubbled in or how many there were in the end. 

Here's my problem though. Even if there were actually 26 questions on Section 4 instead of 25 questions,  I still do not know why people who had 2 Logic Games sections do not recognize or remember the new principle/application questions that many of us with 3 LR section encountered.

Any ideas?