Law School Discussion

found out I am pregnant and already got into law school

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: found out I am pregnant and already got into law school
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2007, 07:26:38 PM »

If you want to get decent grades, then TITCR.

No way you can take time off to have a baby and take care of it AND study for law school. Taking a year to defer will get you past the sleepless nights portion of childrearing at least, and make it a lot easier to study.

Well, to make it all even better, I am moving to the bay area where my father and his wife live and I am planning to move very close to them because my father's wife is going to take care of the baby while I'm in school and studying and help out since she stays at home all day and gets to be grandma. Not only that, but I have my husand to help....so I asure you we will be fine. Everything seems to be falling into place, and I'm sure I will get DECENT grades, especially with a supportive top tier school. Not to mention that infants are easier then toddlers in most respects, other then waking up at all hours of the night.

See, now I was assuming you wouldn't have a grandma/designated-babysitter available. Solid.

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2007, 10:33:53 PM »
awww...wow guys...thanks for being so supportive.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2007, 01:51:39 PM »
Congrats, struggles!

« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2007, 12:11:16 AM »
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread, it really helped alot.

Its hard coming from a place were no one understands what law school is (expect my affluent grandparents). I was so very excited about Hastings but nobody gets it, even when I explain they still don't really get it. So I'm over here doing the happy dance by myself, my people don't get the difference between Hastings and say GGU, even though the difference is huge in more ways then one. Its frustrating to tell my mom and dad, "I got into Hastings! Can you believe it?" and they go "But I thought you already got into law school, whats the big deal?" I had to resort to printing information off the internet for them to get it, then they still didn't get it until they read that most of the students come from Berkely, UCLA and Stanford...well at least they recongize those names...lol. My mom was like, "Why didn't you just go there to begin with then?" I said, "I had to get a B.A. first" and she goes "Oh you have your B.A. already" I was like...."Uhh, you were at my graduation!!!" It is truly a different world to them.

Just my little vent of frustration.

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2007, 05:44:44 PM »
You say toddlers are more difficult than infants?  Oh man...  And I was looking forward to my boy being able to talk to me.. :(

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2007, 06:22:40 PM »
oh yes my friend just you wait! You'll wish he was a baby again!

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2007, 11:16:07 AM »
You say toddlers are more difficult than infants?  Oh man...  And I was looking forward to my boy being able to talk to me.. :(

My two-year-old son has a homing beacon for markers combined with a dangerous lack of concern about what he's using the marker on. Boy toddlers are tough. My girls were a little tricky too but not nearly so destructive of pigheaded.

We call our 3 year old daughter "the bull in the china shop." And with good reason. {sigh}.

road

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2007, 10:48:05 PM »

My two-year-old son has a homing beacon for markers combined with a dangerous lack of concern about what he's using the marker on. Boy toddlers are tough. My girls were a little tricky too but not nearly so destructive of pigheaded.

I don't know where he gets it from.  ???

Har.

My two-year-old is willful and smart and all about testing the limits.  My favorite recent one: "MOMMY DON'T SAY NO TO ME!"  I like that she sleeps through the night, but otherwise she's not a whole bunch easier than the wobbly, pre-verbal age.

We're having excrement in the crib week. On Sunday we put him in the crib for a time out (just after his bath, no diaper yet). I heard some giggling and went to check and there he was with his arms outstretched with a gift for dad--a turd in each hand. Lesson learned, diaper THEN time out.

Tonight I'm up waiting for his blankie to dry after he threw up in his sleep.

Things may not be any easier but (the above episodes aside) I do think they are a lot more fun.