Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Washington  (Read 6883 times)

zackdeblanc

University of Washington
« on: February 10, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »
Well, atleast they were prompt...

UW mailed me my ding less than a month after I went complete.  It was a bit of a reach school and I wasn't expecting to get in, but it would have been nice...  Oh well, hope I can get into Seattle U. atleast.

gotta roll with the punches if you're gonna be a lawyer!

- zack

jeff2486

Re: University of Washington
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 07:12:39 PM »
If I were on LSN I would have the highest index of any UW reject.

captnmo

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 09:28:32 PM »
If I were on LSN I would have the highest index of any UW reject.

I'd be not far behind you.

Definitely didn't see that one coming.  Ouch.

captnmo

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 03:40:22 AM »
And it gets better and better...after coming back from my celebration at the bar tonight, I found an email from the UW office of financial aid, thanking me for being prompt with submitting my FAFSA. 

Thanks, Udub!  Feel free to throw that piece of paper into the garbage.  You won't be needing it.

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:31:31 PM »
UW is so squirrely.
It seems if they tried, they could really increase their stats and ranking.

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 10:49:09 AM »
In the same boat as all you guys, my ding was mailed WHILE I WAS IN SEATTLE VISITING. 2 weeks from complete. Got the financial aid email and my SU app went out Sunday night. My index wasn't half bad either. As I look at LSN it kinda seems like GPA is trumping LSAT, I was in computer engineering, I didn't know I wanted to be a lawyer, and in CompE a 3.5 is nothing to sneeze at.  >:(
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url

jmb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »
Anyone want to hear a funny story?

Early January I visited Seattle and stayed in the President's Mansion.  I'm good friends with the President of the University's daughter.  My numbers aren't perfect for UW, especially out of state, but I thought I had a fighting chance for AT LEAST the waitlist with my excellent soft factors and a week of schmoozing, drinking, and hanging out with UW's "First Family."  My letter came three weeks after I left Seattle.

The hardest part, though, was breaking it to my friend that I didn't get in to her dad's university.

gulllible1

• View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=gulllible1
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 01:53:26 AM »
I trump all with my two dings from UW! Maybe I'll reapply next year, just for kicks.

Here's that story: Last year, I was put on the waitlist at the end of March and told I was in the top 1/3 of about 50 people on the list. My boyfriend at the time went to UW for grad school, so I went up to visit the school, sat in on a class, and talked to some professors and students. Then, I wasn't taken in the first round of waitlist acceptances. However, they let me stay on the final, final waitlist until about July when they finally rejected me.

I much prefered the quick ding this time around. The LSAT went up 8 points but the GPA stayed the same, so I guess you're probably right about that one.
I resolve to be way more obsessed with LSD this cycle.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=gulllible1

monkeys29

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 06:03:55 PM »
   Rejection letter from UW came today.

I've got a 177/3.3. What the bleep are they looking for? My index on LSN is over 95, with the average accepted index being about 93, and the highest rejected index being a 93.9 or something similar.

I got waitlisted at UVA (also out of state), which I think would be a heck of a lot tougher than getting accepted to UW. The problem is that a waitlisting at UVA doesn't do me any good and UW was one of my top choices.

This one hurts. 

superrob-rp7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 11:06:01 PM »
   Rejection letter from UW came today.

I've got a 177/3.3. What the bleep are they looking for? My index on LSN is over 95, with the average accepted index being about 93, and the highest rejected index being a 93.9 or something similar.

I got waitlisted at UVA (also out of state), which I think would be a heck of a lot tougher than getting accepted to UW. The problem is that a waitlisting at UVA doesn't do me any good and UW was one of my top choices.

This one hurts. 

Sorry to hear that...

Are you in-state?  UW has a goal to enroll 70% in-staters(if I remember correctly from their website), and this may have been a factor if you are out-of-state.

Also they may have thought you were overqualified and rejected you for yield protection.  I have gathered on this board that UW's admission standards are pretty random and unpredictable. 

I am still waiting for my UW letter...