Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Horrible Test Taking Conditions???  (Read 1034 times)

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
Horrible Test Taking Conditions???
« on: February 10, 2007, 06:04:32 PM »
Anybody else experienced this today? 

My complaint: 

The tables were very small.  I couldn't have my answer sheet and the test booklet laid out at the same time so I had to shuffle em back and forth as I was answering questions.  Tables' height were low while the chairs height were high so I had to lean over real low to take my test.  This cramped up my neck and upper back. 

Proctor allowed a couple of people to have better tables & seats.  I thought this was unfair. 

Sorry, I'm just venting... >:(

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Test Taking Conditions???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 06:13:47 PM »
I had construction outside and a girl who kept sneezing bc she was allergic to the rug. Good times.

Oh -- and the guy directly behind me starting in the third section was snorting up his snot bc he apparantly had his head down too long and was dripping. fantastic.

bubDread

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 06:51:21 PM »
yeah mine was wonderful as well.  I probably had 5 square feet to work, nice temperature, nobody was f-ing around, proctors were not stupid.

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:23:33 PM »

My complaint: 

The tables were very small.  I couldn't have my answer sheet and the test booklet laid out at the same time so I had to shuffle em back and forth as I was answering questions.  Tables' height were low while the chairs height were high so I had to lean over real low to take my test.  This cramped up my neck and upper back. 

Proctor allowed a couple of people to have better tables & seats.  I thought this was unfair. 

I feel you.  The first 2 times I took the test (pathetic, I know), I had a nice room with a table, not a desk, with comfy chairs and tons of space.  Today, taking at the same test site, I had a tiny desk with a not so comfy chair, PLUS the room I was in was freezing and there wasn't a clock.  Seriously.  I know I should have brought a timer or whatever, but no clock?

lateface

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 08:36:53 PM »

My complaint: 

I feel you.  The first 2 times I took the test (pathetic, I know), I had a nice room with a table, not a desk, with comfy chairs and tons of space.  Today, taking at the same test site, I had a tiny desk with a not so comfy chair, PLUS the room I was in was freezing and there wasn't a clock.  Seriously.  I know I should have brought a timer or whatever, but no clock?

There was no clock in my room, either! I noticed my watch battery was dead on my way to the site, but I assumed there would be a CLOCK IN THE ROOM. It seriously messed up my pacing.

Shinjuku

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 10:29:22 PM »
wow construction... i can't think of much worse.  well, not having any way of timing would be up there too, lol.

i was fortunate to get a really good test site- big lecture hall, comfortable chairs, large desks with plenty of room to spread out, away from busy streets, no noise, etc. 
BLS '11

My LSN

lateface

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 11:00:25 PM »
wow construction... i can't think of much worse.  well, not having any way of timing would be up there too, lol.

i was fortunate to get a really good test site- big lecture hall, comfortable chairs, large desks with plenty of room to spread out, away from busy streets, no noise, etc. 

Ha, I once proctored a final exam that was taking place right by the final exam for symphonic band. I'd definitely prefer my clockless test to having to take the LSAT with endless trombone/saxophone/whatever else-tootling.

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 11:04:26 PM »
^^ lol, that's hilarious!  Thanks for brightening my day in light of my bad LSAT day.  :cheers:

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 12:26:54 AM »
On my second attempt at the test (December 2005), it was about 20 below 0 in the room I was taking the test in.  During the break, all us girls ran to the bathroom to run hot water on our hands.  We were all wearing coats in the test center, and my hands kept shaking so badly from the cold that my pencil lead kept breaking.   I suppose it's a miracle I managed 2 points better on this test as opposed to doing worse! :-\
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

rugercaptain

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shirley, Probie, & Sarah--gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 11:19:28 AM »
yeah mine was wonderful as well.  I probably had 5 square feet to work, nice temperature, nobody was f-ing around, proctors were not stupid.

Same here, except the guy reading the instructions had a hard time saying "LSAC" and "LSAT."

Lecture hall with theater seating, lots of space, comfortable room temp and less than 50 taking the test. 

rugercaptain
Cleveland-Marshall 3L.