Law School Discussion

Waiting on UVA

ButImAGilmore

• Fight On!
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting on UVA
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2007, 11:39:58 AM »
They haven't started with rejections yet. I really hope I'm not a "solid ding".

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2007, 11:40:28 AM »
Just got off the phone with one of my contacts in the UVA Admissions Office.  They informed me that UVA's way of doing things is traditionally the following:  They send out decisions to solid candidates first (be it a solid acceptance or a solid ding)--the way it was relayed to me is "we work our way from the edges to the middle".  Therefore, those of you/us that have been waiting for some time are likely toward the middle/debatable section of the applicant pool with respect to credentials.  I was told this *could* be a good thing as these applicants are discussed in greater detail...

So would it help to right a letter of continued interest if you haven't heard anything?

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2007, 11:40:32 AM »
Also, incidentally, the folks in VA are expecting a blizzard which my contact said is a good thing, giving readers some solid time to batten down the hatches and plow through some applications...

I think your contact is good for me. But I didn't really have myself pegged as an auto-ding or an auto-admit. Color me no more assured than when I began.

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 11:57:23 AM »
I will feel more assured when UVA has sent out the first batch of dings and I am not one. 

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2007, 12:03:12 PM »
So would it help to right a letter of continued interest if you haven't heard anything?

I wouldn't press your luck until you get a waitlist notice.  Also, if you do end up writing one, make sure to double-check your homophones (sorry for being a nazi 'bout it).

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2007, 12:19:04 PM »

I wouldn't press your luck until you get a waitlist notice.  Also, if you do end up writing one, make sure to double-check your homonyms (sorry for being a nazi 'bout it).

wooops, it's my fault for talking on the phone and typing with one hand...good catch :)

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »
Just got off the phone with one of my contacts in the UVA Admissions Office.  They informed me that UVA's way of doing things is traditionally the following:  They send out decisions to solid candidates first (be it a solid acceptance or a solid ding)--the way it was relayed to me is "we work our way from the edges to the middle".  Therefore, those of you/us that have been waiting for some time are likely toward the middle/debatable section of the applicant pool with respect to credentials.  I was told this *could* be a good thing as these applicants are discussed in greater detail...

So kind of like a sneaky type of deferral - they just don't TELL us we are deferred. I see.

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2007, 12:51:43 PM »

I wouldn't press your luck until you get a waitlist notice.  Also, if you do end up writing one, make sure to double-check your homonyms (sorry for being a nazi 'bout it).

If we're playing the grammar game, "right" and "write" are homophones because they sound alike yet are spelled differently.  Homonyms are words which have the same spelling and sound, but different meanings, like fish (noun) and fish (verb).   ;)

On another note -- UVa, please tell me something!  The wait is killing me!

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2007, 04:15:31 PM »
UVA sent me an e-mail today stating that I have actually been complete and under review since "early December," so add me to the list.

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 06:27:47 PM »
UVA sent me an e-mail today stating that I have actually been complete and under review since "early December," so add me to the list.

Did you get your status checker so you can be obsessive compulsive with the rest of us ;)??