Law School Discussion

Waiting on UVA

Re: Waiting on UVA
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 11:37:54 PM »
i keep willing my status checker to change. limbo is no fun! btw, the cookies I made yesterday came out wonderfully, and i'll share with my fellow UVA waiters

I'm definitely with you LR.  I've studied some of the date trends on LSN and it looks like my app could go decision this week (if it's an acceptance).  But who the heck really knows.  At least we have each other!

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2007, 11:47:54 PM »
LR, we went complete the same day! Good luck my fellow UVA waiters!

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 07:38:33 AM »
I'm waiting, waiting, waiting and plan on having more waiting to do.  (Conplete since 11-02)

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 07:40:27 AM »
Does anyone know if the status checker changes to decision for waitlists/deferrals too? I'm a rather quick turnaround and am far from an auto-admit. I guess I'll find out later today, but it's much more fun to drive myself insane with neuroticism.

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 09:00:53 AM »
Does anyone know if the status checker changes to decision for waitlists/deferrals too? I'm a rather quick turnaround and am far from an auto-admit. I guess I'll find out later today, but it's much more fun to drive myself insane with neuroticism.

I have no idea. I would assume it would since the status says decision mailed yet. But good luck though. I hope it's an acceptance.

Here's hoping that some of the rest of our status checkers update this week :)

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 09:09:09 AM »
Any thoughts of sending a "letter of continued interest" even though we haven't received any word?

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 09:12:37 AM »
i keep willing my status checker to change. limbo is no fun! btw, the cookies I made yesterday came out wonderfully, and i'll share with my fellow UVA waiters

I'm definitely with you LR.  I've studied some of the date trends on LSN and it looks like my app could go decision this week (if it's an acceptance).  But who the heck really knows.  At least we have each other!

Also, I don't know what trends you are looking at, but the ones I'm looking at aren't looking pretty good :( 

My only consolation is that they got rid of EA this year so they're a little all over the place- last year's trends are not indicative of this year's trends...

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2007, 11:36:23 AM »
Just got off the phone with one of my contacts in the UVA Admissions Office.  They informed me that UVA's way of doing things is traditionally the following:  They send out decisions to solid candidates first (be it a solid acceptance or a solid ding)--the way it was relayed to me is "we work our way from the edges to the middle".  Therefore, those of you/us that have been waiting for some time are likely toward the middle/debatable section of the applicant pool with respect to credentials.  I was told this *could* be a good thing as these applicants are discussed in greater detail...

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2007, 11:37:57 AM »
Just got off the phone with one of my contacts in the UVA Admissions Office.  They informed me that UVA's way of doing things is traditionally the following:  They send out decisions to solid candidates first (be it a solid acceptance or a solid ding)--the way it was relayed to me is "we work our way from the edges to the middle".  Therefore, those of you/us that have been waiting for some time are likely toward the middle/debatable section of the applicant pool with respect to credentials.  I was told this *could* be a good thing as these applicants are discussed in greater detail...

That is good for me, cause I'm more an auto-ding than anything, so hopefully they're "debating" my application.

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2007, 11:39:02 AM »
Also, incidentally, the folks in VA are expecting a blizzard which my contact said is a good thing, giving readers some solid time to batten down the hatches and plow through some applications...