Law School Discussion

Waiting on UVA

Re: Waiting on UVA
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 10:50:42 AM »
you guys are probably getting in and we who got the email on Friday are probably rejected. This is just crazy, you're numbers are really good so i am sure you all are IN

Frankly if you get rejected I will be highly disappointed. I did not get the status change email on Friday, and therefore would not be in the first batch of rejections. If I'm going to get rejected, I would at least like to be first at it. I'm very competitive  ;D

Wait - did everyone get a status checker change? I didn't... still at complete...

Nope, still complete

SugarJ

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 10:53:54 AM »
I'm just worried I'm going to have to defer and I'll be waitlisted at UVA (you can't defer if you get an offer off the waitlist).

And there's no way I'm reapplying...

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 11:59:21 AM »
I was at about 12 wks when I got my email last Mon.  I was getting worried as well.  I'd say, that you can just wait and hope for the best--but I'm sure they will be getting to you all soon!

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 01:05:18 PM »
Ok. This thread is intended for all the people still waiting on a decision from UVA whether it's been a few weeks (or 20 like me). So come join our sulking party. And MY where's your faith? You never know until you get the letter. I on the other hand can think of no logical reason why they would hold my app for that long unless they wanted to wait for a batch of rejections :-[

And for those of you in this thread, make sure you come back and post with any new updates.

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 03:33:39 PM »
Do you guys consider UVA a target or reach?  anyone mind sharing #s?

I'm at 15+ weeks myself.  My numbers are literally the median numbers at UVA published for the last class.  I don't know where that puts me on their scale considering that there is a new LSAT policy and fewer applicants.

I'm sure they are similarly at a loss about that question, or at least that's what I tell myself.  It has been about 3 months since I heard a decision (hooray for Georgetown, the decisive ones ;D)  Its making me wig out just a bit (posting at 12:30 should be proof enough).  6 deferrals and 3 other hesitant schools will do that to a person.  I'm not in admissions hell...just purgatory.

Good luck out there in keyboard land.

In the SAME boat as you Tapper...and SugarJ- I feel your pain.  UVA has had a special coveted place in my heart (aka first choice) and that is not something I throw around lightly either.  I can't take this suspense any longer- plus I visited the school (when it was closed during winter break) and fell in love with it even more...I will be crushed if we are the first round of rejections.

I'm pretty sure your boat is a little more nicely appointed than mine.  I'm still waiting on Michigan, and hoping that Chicago finds something to love about my application.  Congratulations on your success...I'm sure Virginia won't be far behind in offering you a spot.  Bit of a feather in their cap that you're pining for them while sitting on a spot at UofC.  Do you like the south/warm weather/small towns?

I like the warm weather/inexpensive (relatively)/DC placement mix, personally.

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2007, 03:43:49 PM »
I will join the party.  I have been complete since 10/20, and haven't heard a word.  I just mailed off the two page institutional financial aid application on Friday and I am really kicking myself for not doing it sooner, particularly because I am far from an auto-admit.  It was so short and easy to complete.  Maybe UVA figures if an applicant can't take 10 minutes to fill this out and submit it, they must not be that interested in attending UVA.  Here is hoping that was all that was needed to move me into the 'yes' pile.  Well, I can hope can't I?

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2007, 03:49:55 PM »
Thanks everyone. I think I'll send them an e-mail though, so they can find the information when they have a chance without being hurried.

They've always been really fast responding to my e-mails (I get a response within the day).

Thank you. I used the admission web contact thing and typed in a couple sentences wondering why I wasn't complete into the box. Hopefully someone will get back to me soon!

marlinspike

• Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2007, 04:07:15 PM »
Wow, those of you who have been waiting 20 weeks frighten me. I've been waiting for Duke and UVA for 2 months and I think that's long. Michigan I've only been complete at for a month, so that's ok with me...I guess...though it'd be nice to know by now.

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2007, 05:13:28 PM »
Do you guys consider UVA a target or reach?  anyone mind sharing #s?

I'm at 15+ weeks myself.  My numbers are literally the median numbers at UVA published for the last class.  I don't know where that puts me on their scale considering that there is a new LSAT policy and fewer applicants.

I'm sure they are similarly at a loss about that question, or at least that's what I tell myself.  It has been about 3 months since I heard a decision (hooray for Georgetown, the decisive ones ;D)  Its making me wig out just a bit (posting at 12:30 should be proof enough).  6 deferrals and 3 other hesitant schools will do that to a person.  I'm not in admissions hell...just purgatory.

Good luck out there in keyboard land.

In the SAME boat as you Tapper...and SugarJ- I feel your pain.  UVA has had a special coveted place in my heart (aka first choice) and that is not something I throw around lightly either.  I can't take this suspense any longer- plus I visited the school (when it was closed during winter break) and fell in love with it even more...I will be crushed if we are the first round of rejections.

I'm pretty sure your boat is a little more nicely appointed than mine.  I'm still waiting on Michigan, and hoping that Chicago finds something to love about my application.  Congratulations on your success...I'm sure Virginia won't be far behind in offering you a spot.  Bit of a feather in their cap that you're pining for them while sitting on a spot at UofC.  Do you like the south/warm weather/small towns?

I like the warm weather/inexpensive (relatively)/DC placement mix, personally.

Thanks...I'm drawn to UVA for the collegial atmosphere, QOL, and small town.  And yes, weather is a huge plus (coming from a very cold undergrad).  Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2007, 10:36:07 PM »
I have been complete since early November and no word. I am scared that another deferral is coming.  :-\