Law School Discussion

Waiting on UVA

Re: Waiting on UVA
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »
How about a tent with a campfire? Then we can make smores too!

Promise we can have the campfire inside the tent...

ButImAGilmore

• Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »
Woo smores!

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »
Do you guys consider UVA a target or reach?  anyone mind sharing #s?

I guess I consider it a target, I mean %-wise, it's the school that I have the highest chance of getting into that I haven't heard back from yet. lsat >75%, gpa>median. complete since mid nov.

perfect pint

• Lovely day for a Guinness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »
Oh I dig the tent idea!

I will bring some butter pretzels and dill pickle chips (both taste better than they sound) and some real maple syrup. Can you tell I am currently located in Canada and am virtually raiding the cupboard?

Oh and of course all the Guinness everyone can drink...

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 06:48:12 PM »
I haven't even gone complete, and I applied in November. I have no idea what's taking so long.

WHAT???? I wonder what they are doing? It barely took a week for me to become complete. FYI, I know someone at the school and I had him go to admissions for me to see what was going on. One of the women that works there apparently is on maternity leave so they claim to be short-staffed. Also, they claim that they fell really behind with their apps this year. I'm not sure why. But still, none of this should affect you going complete. Have you contacted them?

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 07:27:55 PM »
I haven't even gone complete, and I applied in November. I have no idea what's taking so long.

WHAT???? I wonder what they are doing? It barely took a week for me to become complete. FYI, I know someone at the school and I had him go to admissions for me to see what was going on. One of the women that works there apparently is on maternity leave so they claim to be short-staffed. Also, they claim that they fell really behind with their apps this year. I'm not sure why. But still, none of this should affect you going complete. Have you contacted them?

Goundhog-You need to give them a call. I went complete at UVA in under a weeks as well.

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 07:32:19 PM »

Goundhog-You need to give them a call. I went complete at UVA in under a weeks as well.

i agree, i went complete in about a week also.

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »
Thanks everyone. I think I'll send them an e-mail though, so they can find the information when they have a chance without being hurried.

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 10:35:02 PM »
Thanks everyone. I think I'll send them an e-mail though, so they can find the information when they have a chance without being hurried.

They've always been really fast responding to my e-mails (I get a response within the day).

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 11:33:11 PM »
Do you guys consider UVA a target or reach?  anyone mind sharing #s?

I'm at 15+ weeks myself.  My numbers are literally the median numbers at UVA published for the last class.  I don't know where that puts me on their scale considering that there is a new LSAT policy and fewer applicants.

I'm sure they are similarly at a loss about that question, or at least that's what I tell myself.  It has been about 3 months since I heard a decision (hooray for Georgetown, the decisive ones ;D)  Its making me wig out just a bit (posting at 12:30 should be proof enough).  6 deferrals and 3 other hesitant schools will do that to a person.  I'm not in admissions hell...just purgatory.

Good luck out there in keyboard land.