Law School Discussion

Waiting on UVA

Waiting on UVA
« on: February 10, 2007, 12:17:37 PM »
Alright you guys. I keep watching people get decisions from UVA and it's really making me nervous. I've been complete for almost 20 weeks now and I have not heard anything. Are any of you in the same boat as me :-[??

ButImAGilmore

• Fight On!
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting on UVA
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
Yup. And you don't want to be in my boat. My boat gets rejected. The only thing currently making me happy is that the Cali schools haven't rejected me yet.

Maybe fate will smile upon us and we will both get into UVA? Maybe they are just waiting for the skywriting person to be free so that they can fly over our houses and write out "WELCOME TO UVA!!"

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:28:31 PM »
Yup. And you don't want to be in my boat. My boat gets rejected. The only thing currently making me happy is that the Cali schools haven't rejected me yet.

Maybe fate will smile upon us and we will both get into UVA? Maybe they are just waiting for the skywriting person to be free so that they can fly over our houses and write out "WELCOME TO UVA!!"

I was actually in the same boat as you with Michigan (the 1/10 rejection bunch). I'm just nervous that they may be saving my app for the first back of rejections like Michigan did. I'm slightly traumatized.

ButImAGilmore

• Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »

I was actually in the same boat as you with Michigan (the 1/10 rejection bunch). I'm just nervous that they may be saving my app for the first back of rejections like Michigan did. I'm slightly traumatized.

Well, here's hoping we don't end up in the same situation again! According to LSN there have been a couple of rejections in the past few days, but I don't know that I trust any of them to be real.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 02:24:18 PM »
I'm in the same boat, complete since mid-November. If UVA is going to reject me, I'd rather they just get it over with. Waiting is rough.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 02:29:20 PM »
Do you guys consider UVA a target or reach?  anyone mind sharing #s?

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 03:54:22 PM »
I'm waiting to be dinged too...totally reach level for me anyway...I'm stupid--i went there for undergrad so i probably should have tailored my PS a little more the school since I know a lot about it but I was lazy..i suck

perfect pint

• Lovely day for a Guinness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »
I've been complete at UVA since the end of October as well so I will join the misery bandwagon here. Fun! Can we have a desk and bring food? I was always jealous that I didn't apply to Michigan so I could participate in that particular fun thread :)

ButImAGilmore

• Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 05:19:48 PM »
I think we should have some sort of fort rather than a desk. Or maybe a tent. Either way, I have yogurt covered raisins and some warm blankets (brrrr it's cold outside!).

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 05:22:21 PM »
I haven't even gone complete, and I applied in November. I have no idea what's taking so long.