Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any W&M students here, or people who live in Williamsburg?  (Read 373 times)

marlinspike

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
Any W&M students here, or people who live in Williamsburg?
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:32:01 AM »
While it would be nice to get into Duke, UVA, or Michigan, with my GPA, I'm not exactly holding my breath. Does anybody have suggestions for a place where I could get a nice one bedroom that also have covered garages (individual garages are a big plus) and a car washing area?
Thanks
Gas: UMD, W&M ($$), Wake Forest, Emory, GW, GMU
Clutch: Michigan, Notre Dame, UVA, AU (yield protect?), Duke, BC (Michigan told me no on 6/13 - Thank you MI for being courteous and letting me know)
Brakes: Gtown.
(3.23 169)

Lenny

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any W&M students here, or people who live in Williamsburg?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:15:11 PM »
I'll think about it.  No apartments come to mind, and most of the houses that students tend to rent just have driveways.  Your best bet would be to contact some real estate agents down there and ask them about their rental properties.

marlinspike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:29:48 PM »
I'll think about it.  No apartments come to mind, and most of the houses that students tend to rent just have driveways.  Your best bet would be to contact some real estate agents down there and ask them about their rental properties.

I found one place called Spotswood Commons. Do you know anything about them?

Also, while I have you here, does W&M Law give you guys Office? I'm debating if I should use up one of the Office 2007 licenses that I bought for my mom on my computer, of if I should just wait.
Thanks again
Clutch: Michigan, Notre Dame, UVA, AU (yield protect?), Duke, BC (Michigan told me no on 6/13 - Thank you MI for being courteous and letting me know)
(3.23 169)

Lenny

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 05:22:01 PM »
I am not at W&M law, and I am unfamiliar with Spotswood Commons.  It looks nice on the website, but it is not super close to the law school - not obscenely far, but not within walking or biking distance.  Probably a 10-15 minute drive.

marlinspike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
I am not at W&M law, and I am unfamiliar with Spotswood Commons.  It looks nice on the website, but it is not super close to the law school - not obscenely far, but not within walking or biking distance.  Probably a 10-15 minute drive.

Yeah, I know it's not super close, but that's what a car is for, and it as far as I can tell is the only place where I can get a private garage...plus by being far I'm thinking it won't be hard to get a place there.

So, I guess you just live in the area? What's traffic like in the area when tourists are in town? Is it bumper to bumper DC style?
(3.23 169)

Lenny

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »
Perhaps bumper to bumper, but certainly not DC style.  More rubber necking, more-than-likely lost tourist style bumper to bumper.  And that is just on the main tourist area and restaurant strip.  There are plenty of back ways to get anywhere you need to go and avoid the tourists.