Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Not to Get Into Law School  (Read 621 times)

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
How Not to Get Into Law School
« on: February 09, 2007, 04:59:18 PM »
http://www.admissionsconsultants.com/lawschool/blog.aspx

According to local news reports, an aspiring lawyer in the Philadelphia area thought he could leverage his law school admissions chances by getting a sneak look at the LSAT so he left notes on the cars of two Law School Admissions Council employees, offering them generous compensation for an advance copy of the exam.

The LSAC contacted local police, who set up a sting. The would-be lawyer a 27-year-old electrical engineer with his sights set on Columbia or NYU, and who was unhappy with two previous LSAT scores purchased a copy of the test for $5,000 from a woman he thought was one of the LSAC employees. She was actually a Bucks County police detective, and she placed him under arrest.

The engineer is now facing criminal charges that could cost him up to 7 years in jail.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: How Not to Get Into Law School
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:20:12 PM »
http://www.admissionsconsultants.com/lawschool/blog.aspx

According to local news reports, an aspiring lawyer in the Philadelphia area thought he could leverage his law school admissions chances by getting a sneak look at the LSAT so he left notes on the cars of two Law School Admissions Council employees, offering them generous compensation for an advance copy of the exam.

The LSAC contacted local police, who set up a sting. The would-be lawyer a 27-year-old electrical engineer with his sights set on Columbia or NYU, and who was unhappy with two previous LSAT scores purchased a copy of the test for $5,000 from a woman he thought was one of the LSAC employees. She was actually a Bucks County police detective, and she placed him under arrest.

The engineer is now facing criminal charges that could cost him up to 7 years in jail.

I'm 28, actually. See you in 7 years everyone!
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:47:12 PM »
Ummm.. did you forget to check this thread?

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,82054.0.html

;)

Nope.  Purposefully skipped it.  I have no need to heed any warnings to February LSAT takers 'cause I'm never taken that thing again!
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 01:40:06 AM »
Since you're a fellow EE guy, I'll tell you what i'll do! once I pass the bar in 2k10, I'll be sure to get your sentence reduced and have you out the following year... so for the next 4 years, g'nite, and remember to keep your bunghole tight! ;)

I thought you were Tom, not Lawrence!
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</