Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 4947 times)

ciao-a-bunga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Dean's Scholarship
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2007, 01:00:17 PM »
Oh indeed.  I suppose posting in a thread about scholarships is jumping the gun a bit when I'm waiting to be accepted...

I didn't mean that... I just thought there was another thread about GULC acceptances.  I don't know the answer to your question.

ciao-a-bunga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2007, 03:13:55 PM »
I haven't gotten an email, and I also didn't get anything in the mail.  Has everyone gotten at least something?

I'm going out of town tomorrow morning so won't be able to check my mail.  Should I just call the Admissions Office for an update?

johnproctor98

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »
I'm starting to get a bit suspicious about this whole Dean's App process - I think there were many errors in receiving applications. Some people received email notifications that they had made the top 50, some were rejected much earlier via email, but at least three of us following this thread never heard anything back. Two of us emailed asking about confirmation emails, and then were summarily rejected.

Now, I'm fine with other people getting the scholarship while I'm getting rejected - I'm not writing this because I'm bitter about it. However, I'm starting to wonder if there was a massive problem with the submissions or with the communication process - some of us had sent in the application, and heard nothing until we notified them, at which point we were immediately rejected. Maybe they just didn't sent out all the rejections they meant to send out, but I'm not a big fan of how the process has worked out, and I wish they had things working more smoothly.

In: Boalt, Georgetown, NYU
Waiting: Stanford, Columbia, Michigan, University of Washington

LSN

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2007, 03:47:04 PM »
Ciao--I haven't gotten anything, but my mailbox is notoriously slow to fill. I hadn't planned on calling because I hate the phone, but maybe tomorrow if I still haven't heard.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

The Professor of Parody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »
For what it's worth, I got the application in the mail back around Feb 1, then email "reminders" every other day for the next few days (including one saying they would have an update by 2/28). I sent in my application via email, and then on Feb 16, Andy Cornblatt sent an email indicating I was one of the 50 finalists, that they would have a decision by 3/1, and that I should reply if I was still interested. I did, and he replied back to confirm. Around that time I also received a phone call and an email from a 1L Dean's Scholar. And that's all I've heard from them. No phone calls or emails or anything in the mail today. Getting a little nervous...

elidad

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 04:21:01 PM »
My daughter was accepted - they say - but never got a letter of admission.  She did receive a Christmas card making her welcome to the GULC community and a letter inviting her to admitted students weekend.

ciao-a-bunga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2007, 04:22:50 PM »
For what it's worth, I got the application in the mail back around Feb 1, then email "reminders" every other day for the next few days (including one saying they would have an update by 2/28). I sent in my application via email, and then on Feb 16, Andy Cornblatt sent an email indicating I was one of the 50 finalists, that they would have a decision by 3/1, and that I should reply if I was still interested. I did, and he replied back to confirm. Around that time I also received a phone call and an email from a 1L Dean's Scholar. And that's all I've heard from them. No phone calls or emails or anything in the mail today. Getting a little nervous...

Yeah it seems like the folks at Georgetown are confusing themselves with all these deadlines...

cmf46

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
i sent my application via fax on feb 15th and when i called today they told me they had not received it. they let me resend the application, but im sure that means i will get the once-over before the rejection email comes out tomorrow.

strivergirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2007, 07:00:33 PM »
i got rejected. they said they might have a couple dollars to throw our way after they hand out the big bucks, but it sounds really doubtful: "Although they and I wish we had more Dean's Scholarships available, we hope you will still decide to join us at Georgetown.  It is possible that we may have some limited additional funding, and the Committee has asked me to see if you remain interested."  thanks, gtown, for makng my decision easier!

ciao-a-bunga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2007, 07:09:43 PM »
I wonder if its safe to assume that if you didn't get an email, things look good for you?  Prob not though.  You know what they say about "to assume"...