Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone bringing pets?  (Read 8732 times)

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone bringing pets?
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »
<-- new avatar

This is my law school roommate. 25 pounds of cocker spaniel terror!

i love your dog.

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2007, 07:44:52 PM »
If I study abroad, it'll probably be somewhere in the EU, and most European countries are way more dog-friendly than the US.  I can't wait to bring him to restaurants.  :)
UPenn '10

monserrat

• Sr. Citizen
  • mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2007, 07:54:14 PM »
If I study abroad, it'll probably be somewhere in the EU, and most European countries are way more dog-friendly than the US.  I can't wait to bring him to restaurants.  :)

that sounds like fun...unfortunately, i highly doubt my cats could travel overseas :o
Michigan 2010

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »

They also have very strict quarantine laws.  Chances are the amount of time your dog spends in quarantine = amount of time you spend studying.
U of Chicago 2010.

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »

They also have very strict quarantine laws.  Chances are the amount of time your dog spends in quarantine = amount of time you spend studying.

I think that's only the UK.  Our friends have brought their dog to France and Italy with no quarantine requirements.
UPenn '10

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2007, 09:57:21 PM »

I think that's only the UK.  Our friends have brought their dog to France and Italy with no quarantine requirements.

That's true, come to think of it; Britain has strict requirements because of rabies.  I wouldn't take a dog on study abroad unless it were more or less necessary, though.

But unlike most of the other posters in this thread, I think I'm going to get a dog in law school (and I don't think it would be the worst idea ever, either).  So whatever works for you, I guess.
U of Chicago 2010.

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2007, 10:34:26 PM »

I studied abroad in Italy this summer and we found a stray cat that we absolutely fell in love with - and the government let us bring it back to America! We just had to get some forms signed saying she had her shots. She lives with one of our TAs now!  :D

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2007, 10:41:53 PM »

I studied abroad in Italy this summer and we found a stray cat that we absolutely fell in love with - and the government let us bring it back to America! We just had to get some forms signed saying she had her shots. She lives with one of our TAs now!  :D

Cute :)  When I was studying in Rome I missed my cat so much I spent a lot of time with the street kitties.  And those are dirty little critters.  I think it's cute the way Italy takes its semi-wild kitty population (and its elderly cat-ladies) so seriously. 
U of Chicago 2010.

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2007, 01:24:47 AM »
I have a 10lb. japanese chin that has been my saving grace for the past two years.  I figure if I can handle working FT (I was enlisted in the Navy), and going FT to school at night (12 credits, different class each night of the week), and had my pup then, LS shouldn't be a challenge in comparison. 

Of course, he's crate trained, which helps.  Unfortunately, he's been staying with my Mom while I finish my last semester at Penn State.  I'm rooming with a friend from the Navy because I had to break my lease when I was discharged over the summer, and he wouldn't let me bring my pup with me. 

The only concern I have is finding affordable housing that is pet-friendly.  Is anyone having difficulty with this?
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

JM26

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2007, 09:17:17 AM »

I'm going to be adopting a couple of cats from the local humane society when I move to Atlanta at the end of July. The pet fees at most apts. are pretty high. Anyone planning on sneaking the pets in to avoid paying those fees?