Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone bringing pets?  (Read 8687 times)

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone bringing pets?
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2007, 02:06:12 PM »
This is a great thread  :D

I already live in NYC (brooklyn)  and I plan on staying here throughout law school. I'll be studio hunting sometime in May/June cause I'm pretty sure I don't want a roomate. Anyhow I was thinking of getting another dog to keep my baby girl company ... she is terribly  spoiled and I'm afraid she'll be alone too much. She's no maintinence at all, 3 lbs fully paper trained lapdog thats's not a barker. I'm afraid a second pup will be more hassel than relief especially because I've always wanted a bigger more active pup. Any thoughts from the multi dog/pet owners.

Paper training? I didn't realize that was possible, but I guess with such a tiny dog it's not a big deal. I wonder what the size cut-off is for doing that with your dog before the disgusting factor starts to get in the way? I would feel much more comfortable bringing a dog if I knew that if I got caught up at school she wouldn't be stuck at home needing to pee.

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2007, 03:06:54 PM »
How *are* y'all gonna move those 80 pound dogs? I guess if you're taking a car with you, you're driving. I'm totally not looking forward to THAT, either. And then what do you do about visits home? Good thing my doggie is only 10 pounds. I could give her some benadryl and take her on the plane.

I plan on driving her there and driving home if I'm taking her home when I go.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2007, 03:08:09 PM »
How *are* y'all gonna move those 80 pound dogs? I guess if you're taking a car with you, you're driving. I'm totally not looking forward to THAT, either. And then what do you do about visits home? Good thing my doggie is only 10 pounds. I could give her some benadryl and take her on the plane.

where are you going?

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2007, 03:09:31 PM »

where are you going?

Whenever I go from school (wherever that is) to where my parents live and back.

marlinspike

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2007, 04:30:02 PM »
Okay time for a dumb question:  Are there certain breeds of cats that are friendlier than others?  For example golden retrievers are known to be some of the friendliest dogs...is there such a breed among cats?

Yes. Egyptian Mau's are the best, though they cost several thousands. I thought about it for a second (a cat, not an Egyptian Mau), then realized that I wouldn't want to spade or neuter an animal so I shouldn't get a pet.
Gas: UMD, W&M ($$), Wake Forest, Emory, GW, GMU
Clutch: Michigan, Notre Dame, UVA, AU (yield protect?), Duke, BC (Michigan told me no on 6/13 - Thank you MI for being courteous and letting me know)
Brakes: Gtown.
(3.23 169)

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2007, 10:47:24 PM »
I'm bringing a 90 pound pit bull wherever I end up..which makes it difficult since a lot of states have breed specific legislation :-\

Giggity

I have the same concern.  My MIL has offered to keep him for us but I can't imagine not having him with me.  We have had him since he was 4 weeks old and he wouldn't know what to do without us.  Plus he sleeps with us.   :-\

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2007, 08:59:39 PM »
i have to regularly avoid the temptation to get two beagle puppies. If I knew I was in a stable job in a stable location, i'd already have them, but I figure I can wait another couple of years and hold off on it.

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2007, 09:29:33 PM »
I'm bringing my Pomeranian.  I'm hoping we can find an affordable dog-walking service wherever I end up.
UPenn '10

oudidntno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2007, 09:41:40 PM »
I'm bringing my Pomeranian.  I'm hoping we can find an affordable dog-walking service wherever I end up.

I'm bringing two beagles and I'm trying to find decent housing that doesn't charge $500 extra per pet per year.  Luckily they are the world's laziest dogs so after our morning walks they sleep most of the day till I or my wifetobe gets home at 2 or 3 pm. 

oudidntno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2007, 10:05:45 PM »

I'm bringing two beagles and I'm trying to find decent housing that doesn't charge $500 extra per pet per year.  Luckily they are the world's laziest dogs so after our morning walks they sleep most of the day till I or my wifetobe gets home at 2 or 3 pm. 

Really? I heard beagles are incredibly active. Or are you talking about your specific dogs?

My Chihuahua does the same - sleeps all day, but I think that's because he's now 10 years old :P

Beagles can be really active if you get them up and moving.  But left to do their own thing, they are notoriously lazy like Basset Hounds.