Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone bringing pets?  (Read 8745 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Anyone bringing pets?
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2007, 08:40:19 PM »
He's enormous. I mean, for a Yorkie. So, what, two feet long? Something like that.

We heard lore that some guy down in Florida was growing them big, but weren't able to confirm. So I like to think that he was just in an accident with some plutonium or whatever, and this is the result.

:D I bet he's adorable. I was looking at internet ads for puppies, and I kept coming across those big sites that have tons of breeds, and will ship the dog out to you. Is it just me, or am I right to be concerned that puppies are being shipped, just like Netflix, or Gap purchases?

The super-delightful thing about him is that his name is Killer. Yes, Killer the Yorkie. No, we didn't name him.

Now, Netflix--that would be a fantastic business model for puppies! Monthly subscription fee and you can just borrow and return as many puppies as you want? I see no downside to this. That way if you've got a closet-pooper, you can just send him back.

Love the name. And i realized how bad my example was right after I posted it!  :P Poor pups.

I mean, I like it...do you think they can fit them in those little envelopes, though?

Actually, my vision of puppies getting shipped x-country involves their foster-people taking them to the train station, with Pup dressed in a bonnet and holding a train-case, ready to take the train All! By! Himself! What a Good Boy! And then being welcomed at the destination train station by New Owner holding a sign reading "Pup" and waving encouragingly.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2007, 09:38:27 PM »
Captain Longshot, those are some uber-cute pictures! Your puppy is definitely super cute.

But mine are cuter! All my pictures of them are from when they were puppies, too, though, and not now that they're full grown. They're two miniature salt-n-pepper schnauzers named Coco and Amber. And one of them technically belongs to my brother. Poo.

I can't decide if I'm actually going to be able to handle taking Coco with me. I love her to death, but all my pets have always been "family pets." I waffle between thinking that the pressure of having to take care of her (wake up early to walk her, come home periodically to feed her, let her out, groom her, be sure she gets enough attention) are more than I want to take on when I'm trying to adjust to studying harder than I've ever studied, and thinking that the simple fact that just looking at her makes me smile and cuddling with her makes me so happy and calm will make it all worth it.

I can't decide :-\  And I feel like a sell out to the poor puppy for even considering not taking her with me. She loves my mom as much as she loves me, though, and I feel really bad about separating her from her sister (they're litter sisters, they've always been together!).  Sooo... keep talking, and help me make up my mind!

I, too, would love a roommate (two bedrooms, please!) who would love my pet as their own. Puppies have more than enough love to go around!

LawSchoolNY07

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2007, 09:50:55 PM »
Captain Longshot, those are some uber-cute pictures! Your puppy is definitely super cute.

But mine are cuter! All my pictures of them are from when they were puppies, too, though, and not now that they're full grown. They're two miniature salt-n-pepper schnauzers named Coco and Amber. And one of them technically belongs to my brother. Poo.

I can't decide if I'm actually going to be able to handle taking Coco with me. I love her to death, but all my pets have always been "family pets." I waffle between thinking that the pressure of having to take care of her (wake up early to walk her, come home periodically to feed her, let her out, groom her, be sure she gets enough attention) are more than I want to take on when I'm trying to adjust to studying harder than I've ever studied, and thinking that the simple fact that just looking at her makes me smile and cuddling with her makes me so happy and calm will make it all worth it.

I can't decide :-\  And I feel like a sell out to the poor puppy for even considering not taking her with me. She loves my mom as much as she loves me, though, and I feel really bad about separating her from her sister (they're litter sisters, they've always been together!).  Sooo... keep talking, and help me make up my mind!

I, too, would love a roommate (two bedrooms, please!) who would love my pet as their own. Puppies have more than enough love to go around!

How far up on your list is Fordham?!

My biggest concern is finding someone to live with who would treat my cat as their own and preferably has a pet(s) of their own.

"I Go Here!" : Fordham
"What? Like Its Hard?: Fordham, St.Johns ($$$$), Villanova, Northeastern ($$), UCONN, Seton Hall ($$$), Brooklyn ($$$), Cardozo
"No, Its Like a Smart People Thing": BC, Penn
"Shes not completely unfortunate looking": Cornell

Pending:BU

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2007, 10:19:34 PM »

How far up on your list is Fordham?!

My biggest concern is finding someone to live with who would treat my cat as their own and preferably has a pet(s) of their own.

Fordham is high up on my list, but I'm afraid I'm not high up on their list (see my numbers below, I believe no further clarification is needed)!  But I bed I could learn to love a kitty. And COL in NYC basically makes a roommate necessary.

LawSchoolNY07

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 10:25:04 PM »
Well good luck with Fordham... hopefully you will have good luck with them.

If you do end up this way please PM me and we can talk, finding animal friendly roommates is hard. Some people just dont understand animals.

And yes, a roommate is essential in NYC.
"I Go Here!" : Fordham
"What? Like Its Hard?: Fordham, St.Johns ($$$$), Villanova, Northeastern ($$), UCONN, Seton Hall ($$$), Brooklyn ($$$), Cardozo
"No, Its Like a Smart People Thing": BC, Penn
"Shes not completely unfortunate looking": Cornell

Pending:BU

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 11:32:43 PM »
Well good luck with Fordham... hopefully you will have good luck with them.

If you do end up this way please PM me and we can talk, finding animal friendly roommates is hard. Some people just dont understand animals.

And yes, a roommate is essential in NYC.

Will do. :)

Lollylon

• View Profile
    • Lollylon on Law School Numbers
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2007, 01:41:57 AM »
I'm absolutely dreading the thought of moving across the country and having to transport my dog, but leaving him behind is just not an option.  Having Rufus does add a little to the time crunch though--I have to find pet-friendly housing early, before it's all taken! :-\
Jim and Karen (In): Iowa, Cincinnati, Drake, Wisconsin
Pam and Roy (Out):
Jim and Pam (Deferred): Minnesota

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=lollylon

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2007, 01:51:33 AM »
I'm definetly bringing my dog!  Her name is Mrs. Abby Gail (or just Mrs is what I call her) and she's part beagle..  part corgi..  part some other stuff.  She's a mutt.  I love her.

Whenever I move and don't have anyone I know around, Mrs will make me feel better I'm sure.  I'd like to get a dog-friendly roommate too...  but they can't have any pets (or at least no dogs or cats...  birds, etc, is ok) b/c Mrs will not get along with them.  So that will be tough.

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2007, 12:21:16 PM »
How *are* y'all gonna move those 80 pound dogs? I guess if you're taking a car with you, you're driving. I'm totally not looking forward to THAT, either. And then what do you do about visits home? Good thing my doggie is only 10 pounds. I could give her some benadryl and take her on the plane.

ladylegal

• My darling foxie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2007, 12:49:27 PM »
This is a great thread  :D

I already live in NYC (brooklyn)  and I plan on staying here throughout law school. I'll be studio hunting sometime in May/June cause I'm pretty sure I don't want a roomate. Anyhow I was thinking of getting another dog to keep my baby girl company ... she is terribly  spoiled and I'm afraid she'll be alone too much. She's no maintinence at all, 3 lbs fully paper trained lapdog thats's not a barker. I'm afraid a second pup will be more hassel than relief especially because I've always wanted a bigger more active pup. Any thoughts from the multi dog/pet owners.
The cause of freedom is not the cause of a race or a sect, a party or a class--it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity.
--Anna Julia Cooper