Law School Discussion

Michigan Alumni Receptions

• View Profile
Re: Michigan Alumni Receptions
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 08:33:15 AM »
are there any "reviews" of what teh Boston one was like?

i think there's a little blip earlier in this thread, this is how i knew about the celtics...but it may be a very little amt of info, i don't remember

I went to that celtics game tonight - it was pretty cool. wonder if the other receptions will give away cool things like that.

I'm telling you, at the DC one (held at the World Bank), they're going to give us sacks of $$$.

Or an IOU.

lol... microlending.

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »
donut, how was the la reception last night?  hopefully horrible since i missed it....j/k :P

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »
Unbeknownst to Monserrat, Donut is not present on the board because she is still passed out in a pile of naked supermodels and $100 bills, paralyzed by the orgy of sex, cocaine, school-sponsered alcohol, and absolutely VITAL law school information that was the Michigan Alumni Reception.

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »
Unbeknownst to Monserrat, Donut is not present on the board because he is still passed out in a pile of naked supermodels and $100 bills, paralyzed by the orgy of sex, cocaine, school-sponsered alcohol, and absolutely VITAL law school information that was the Michigan Alumni Reception.

donut's a girl

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2007, 11:43:28 AM »
Unbeknownst to Monserrat, Donut is not present on the board because shehe is still passed out in a pile of naked supermodels and $100 bills, paralyzed by the orgy of sex, cocaine, school-sponsered alcohol, and absolutely VITAL law school information that was the Michigan Alumni Reception.

donut's a girl

fixt

donut

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2007, 12:01:27 AM »
ahahhaa what in the world is going on here.
dr. maguire's lil description may not have been too far off... ;)
just kidding

the LA reception was at HYDe club.....i think its the one where paris got in but then nicole richie (sp?) couldnt....so it's supposed to be super exclusive.  8)
it was really nice, the venue was nice, obviously, small and intimate and dark  :)

there were a lot of alum there....it was kind of hard to tell who was an alum and who was prospective student because a lot of the alum were/looked pretty young....so that was cool.

Professor Clark was also there, who, it turns out, is going to be teaching Torts for teh summer starters this summer..(thats me!) so that was really cool to meet him! ithought it was pretty neat to have him come down from michigan also....
I also got to meet Dean Z and i was really excited to meet her and she was even cooler in person than in all those letters i'd been getting in the mail  :)

professor Clark and the alum host, Randy Winograd, I believe, gave some small speeches.....im a sucker for those speeches. haha i got ALL excited to go start school!

besides meeting all the fantastic alum, i relaly enjoyed meeting other prospective students.....and there were a couple summer starters in the group, so that was like a yay moment.

we didnt get cool sports tickets like the boston one  :'( but true to the nature of the venue....we appropriately got a full open bar....haha so i guess that was our gift. and we got michigan pens! very cool.  :D

maybe the dc one WILl get money hehe

all in all i really enjoyed it, everyone was really nice, chill, cool, impressive, funny, and everything else you'd expect from michigan.

ok so now everyone go there. goodbye
 :-*

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2007, 12:10:04 AM »
ahahhaa what in the world is going on here.
dr. maguire's lil description may not have been too far off... ;)
just kidding

the LA reception was at HYDe club.....i think its the one where paris got in but then nicole richie (sp?) couldnt....so it's supposed to be super exclusive. 8)
it was really nice, the venue was nice, obviously, small and intimate and dark :)

there were a lot of alum there....it was kind of hard to tell who was an alum and who was prospective student because a lot of the alum were/looked pretty young....so that was cool.

Professor Clark was also there, who, it turns out, is going to be teaching Torts for teh summer starters this summer..(thats me!) so that was really cool to meet him! ithought it was pretty neat to have him come down from michigan also....
I also got to meet Dean Z and i was really excited to meet her and she was even cooler in person than in all those letters i'd been getting in the mail :)

professor Clark and the alum host, Randy Winograd, I believe, gave some small speeches.....im a sucker for those speeches. haha i got ALL excited to go start school!

besides meeting all the fantastic alum, i relaly enjoyed meeting other prospective students.....and there were a couple summer starters in the group, so that was like a yay moment.

we didnt get cool sports tickets like the boston one :'( but true to the nature of the venue....we appropriately got a full open bar....haha so i guess that was our gift. and we got michigan pens! very cool. :D

maybe the dc one WILl get money hehe

all in all i really enjoyed it, everyone was really nice, chill, cool, impressive, funny, and everything else you'd expect from michigan.

ok so now everyone go there. goodbye
 :-*

pens?? we didn't get pens! lol, glad you had fun tho. i only met one other summer starting at the boston one...all the rest of us are on lsd it seems.

donut

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2007, 12:15:36 AM »
yah i was surprised that i would even meet anyone else who is starting in the summer!!

but yeah.
pens!
theyre heavy too.
so u know theyre really good.
 :)

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2007, 12:18:59 AM »
yah i was surprised that i would even meet anyone else who is starting in the summer!!

but yeah.
pens!
theyre heavy too.
so u know theyre really good.
 :)

I hope you know I'll be stealing your pen from you in class this summer.

donut

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2007, 12:42:04 PM »
 :D
feel free!

Poster: are you a summer starter??

Gengis: ooo im excited for you to go to the NY one! when is it again?