Law School Discussion

Michigan Alumni Receptions

donut

Re: Michigan Alumni Receptions
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 11:28:25 AM »

I actually withdrew from Michigan today, so I won't be there.  (I will, however, be at the NYU reception at the same time.)  I'm really sad about it.  I love Michigan.  :(  Also, one of my good friends will be there representing as an alumnus, and I was really looking forward to seeing him pretend to act professional.  ;)

aww any particular reasn why?
it must be hard to make so many difficult decisions about schools!
good luck with it all~

Geography -- my fiance's job plans changed and now we're limited to Boston or NY.  Otherwise Michigan would be at the top of my list.
[/quote]

oooh that's important.
i think my other friend in LA is also going to the NYU reception....isnt it something with wine...? or something cool like that.  :)

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 11:59:06 AM »

Geography -- my fiance's job plans changed and now we're limited to Boston or NY.  Otherwise Michigan would be at the top of my list.

oooh that's important.
i think my other friend in LA is also going to the NYU reception....isnt it something with wine...? or something cool like that.  :)

I think that's maybe the northern California one.  Ours is at an alumnus's house in Los Feliz, with a special meeting with the dean beforehand.  Where is the Michigan one again?  Somewhere swanky, right?  It's funny to see each school's approach -- the Penn receptions are all co-hosted by firms.  :)

donut

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 12:51:17 PM »

oooh that's important.

I think that's maybe the northern California one.  Ours is at an alumnus's house in Los Feliz, with a special meeting with the dean beforehand.  Where is the Michigan one again?  Somewhere swanky, right?  It's funny to see each school's approach -- the Penn receptions are all co-hosted by firms.  :)

ahhh perhaps.
that still sounds really nice though!
yeah the michigan one is at Hyde...the website is super cool looking.... the host alum works for an entertainment group that owns Hyde and other cool places and they are all hoppin' spots.  :D yeah it is really funny and fun to see how all the schools do it....wooers. it's quite flattering.  :-*

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 01:38:33 PM »

oooh that's important.

ahhh perhaps.
yeah the michigan one is at Hyde...the website is super cool looking.... the host alum works for an entertainment group that owns Hyde and other cool places and they are all hoppin' spots.  :D yeah it is really funny and fun to see how all the schools do it....wooers. it's quite flattering.  :-*

I want to go to that one SO BAD!!!  Grrr...can't get off work early, and it's a 2 hour drive.  Hyde is awesome, it's where Paris Hilton goes apparently lol.

donut

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 03:35:12 PM »

oooh that's important.

ahhh perhaps.

I want to go to that one SO BAD!!!  Grrr...can't get off work early, and it's a 2 hour drive.  Hyde is awesome, it's where Paris Hilton goes apparently lol.

haha oh you're from socal too?
aw you should SO go!
haha paris hilton! really? that IS some validation of its HOTness.... :)

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »

oooh that's important.

ahhh perhaps.

haha oh you're from socal too?
aw you should SO go!
haha paris hilton! really? that IS some validation of its HOTness.... :)

so we shouldn't sit anywhere without wiping first...ya know, the girl doesn't wear undies

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2007, 12:59:58 PM »
so...i guess i should sign up for the NY shindig?

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
I'm pimpin' the that DC b!tch.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2007, 02:14:08 PM »
I'm pimpin' the that DC b!tch.

I just signed up for it!

donut

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2007, 03:49:43 PM »
so...i guess i should sign up for the NY shindig?

yes! when is it.
i think they hvae rsvp deadlines or something...