Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ***Please Read*** Do not post unreleased LSAT info  (Read 22849 times)

bobknob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ***Please Read*** Do not post unreleased LSAT info
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 12:00:02 AM »
I hope I don't sound like I'm being hard on LSAC, I love them to death, and you would too, if you knew what other grad students went through during their application cycles.

I just think it's lame of them to try to police a messageboard rather than actually change internal policies to combat cheating.

LatherRinseRepeat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 11:46:11 AM »
Administer a different test in Hawaii and have the rest simultaneously across only four time zones.

i wouldn't mind taking it at 6pm east coast time.  not a morning person.

I agree, 3pm west coast would be perfect.

I like to begin enjoying the morning at a time much later than noon.  ;)

Could you imagine what would happen if they really did make everyone take it at the same time??  All the morning people would fly to hawaii to take it, the afternoon folks would fly to cali, and then the insominacs who prefer to think later in the day would round up on the east coast. 

How is that any different than administering it at 8:30am in every time zone? Afternoon people are uniformly screwed, morning people win and insomniacs are still screwed.

The scenario in discussion was that everyone takes it at the same moment....not necessarily the same time.  In the east, it would be 3pm, while in cali it would be noon, and Hawaii would be, 9am.
I respectfully disagree!!

dat_raw_n_tellect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My song!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 04:44:49 AM »
The LSAT would not be able to be administered at the same time around the world.  When it is 3 PM Eastern Standard time...in other parts of the the world it is in the wee hours of the morning of the next day or really late in the evening of the same day.  For example, when it in 3 PM in New York, it is 4 AM (or 5 AM if it is daylight savings) in Tokyo.  When the U.S. takes the LSAT on a Saturday...countries in Asia do not take the test until Sunday morning (several hours later and in essence "the same day".)   
"What you get free costs too much."
-Jean Anouilh

dat_raw_n_tellect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My song!
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 05:08:18 AM »
LOL  :D I edited out that last part...I didn't want to step on any toes.  But it is true!

-Jean Anouilh

LatherRinseRepeat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »
The LSAT would not be able to be administered at the same time around the world.  When it is 3 PM Eastern Standard time...in other parts of the the world it is in the wee hours of the morning of the next day or really late in the evening of the same day.  For example, when it in 3 PM in New York, it is 4 AM (or 5 AM if it is daylight savings) in Tokyo.  When the U.S. takes the LSAT on a Saturday...countries in Asia do not take the test until Sunday morning (several hours later and in essence "the same day".)   

I think you missed the point of why we were hypothesizing such a scenario.  By administering it all at the exact same moment, students would have the opportunity to fly and take the test at the time zone they feel most comfortable.  Those who think the best at 4am, would go to Tokyo and take it there.  And secondly, this would help LSAC cut down on cheating.

dat_raw_n_tellect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My song!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 06:50:20 PM »
I think you missed the point of why we were hypothesizing such a scenario.  By administering it all at the exact same moment, students would have the opportunity to fly and take the test at the time zone they feel most comfortable.  Those who think the best at 4am, would go to Tokyo and take it there.  And secondly, this would help LSAC cut down on cheating.

I think you misunderstood.  The fact is, the test is actually offered in the different time zones within hours of each other (technically making it "the same day"...offering the test at the same exact time in the world is not possible in my eyes.)  If the east coast would wait until 6:30 PM (even 6 PM...because those in other time zones would be at the testing centers) their time to start to "reconstructing" the test...this would not be an issue.  If the post-mortem began a few hours later then it wouldn't be as easy to cheat (via the internet).

I am not going to even address the issue of flying to a different country...as Penn Jillette said that is laughable at best.
-Jean Anouilh

LatherRinseRepeat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »

I think you misunderstood.  The fact is, the test is actually offered in the different time zones within hours of each other (technically making it "the same day".)  If the east coast would wait until 6:30 PM (even 6 PM...because those in other time zones would be at the testing centers) their time to start to "reconstructing" the test...this would not be an issue.  If the post-mortem began a few hours later then it wouldn't be as easy to cheat (via the internet).

I am not going to even address the issue of flying to a different country...as Penn Jillette said that is laughable at best.

Sorry, i guess i'm just rich.  i would fly to Chicago just to get pizza.

dat_raw_n_tellect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My song!
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 07:04:11 PM »
Sorry, i guess i'm just rich.  i would fly to Chicago just to get pizza.

lol I understand.  Or I wish I did!  Must be nice!  :D
-Jean Anouilh

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 11:42:52 PM »
Well, if LSAC is scanning the threads here then I'd like to make one tiny recommendation for the test: Write software and computerize it! It's the 21st Century for Chrissakes. ETS figured it out and computerized the GRE.

jfile-lamb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 02:25:32 PM »
LSAT questions are copywrited by LSAC.  LSAC does not wish to disrupt online discussion of LSAT questions, but must take reasonable steps to safeguard its copyrights and to ensure fairness to those individuals who have obtained legitimate permission to reproduce LSAC questions.  Reproduction of test questions is prohibited without prior written permission.  Permission to reproduce test questions for distribution or posting on electronic sites must be obtainined in writing from LSAC. Thank you.

Jeannette File-Lamb
Director of Test Security, LSAC