Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why did I get a fee waver at Washington & Lee???!@!!  (Read 1707 times)

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Why did I get a fee waver at Washington & Lee???!@!!
« on: September 09, 2004, 08:52:26 PM »
Ok seriously. They sent me a fee waver a packet and an email invitation to an open house at the end of september.  I have a 2.06 GPA and a 159 LSAT. Is someone at the admissions office drunk? Do they send this to everyone just to screw with them? I am praying just to get into a T4 school. Why would a top 20 school do that to me. It must be like in the movie Never been kissed where Drew Barrymore gets invited to the prom by the popular guy and he shows up and throws eggs on her prom dress. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask if I can talk to the practical joker who keeps sending me this stuff and tell them that it is not nice being mean to underacheivers
South Texas College of Law here I come!

foxnewssucks

Re: Why did I get a fee waver at Washington & Lee???!@!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 08:54:24 PM »
They want to help their selectivity numbers.

mn1409

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 08:58:02 PM »
I got one too, 160 2.9

dta

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 08:59:35 PM »
I also got the fee waiver from W&L. Like you, I was wondering "what the hell is going on?". My numbers are good enough to get a fee waiver at *some* T2 schools, but no T1 school in its right mind is going to give me a fee waiver w/ my paltry LSAT of 162.

So, I got my physical application all together because the waiver said "you have to apply with a physical application, not electronically, to take advantage of the fee waiver". No problem. But as I was filling out the application on line, I said what the heck. I'll submit my app electronically and just send it in physically too w/ the fee waiver. What's the harm.

Anyway, the LSACD-on-the-web thing shows you all of the electronic apps you've submitted. One of the columns showing you all of your apps is called "App Fee Paid Via LSAC". Either a Y or an N appears in this column. For schools that allow payment via credit card, a "Y" shows up. For schools that require you to send in a check w/ the certification letter, an "N" shows up.

Well, something strange about W&L. It's the only one of my 7 apps so far with "No Charge" showing up in this column.

I suspect W&L might just be waiving fees altogether? Hmmmm ... I don't know. Very strange.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 09:00:17 PM »
At least your a little bit closer to their 25% on LSAT and GPA. I am no where near!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

lexylit

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 09:01:27 PM »
nope, not for me!  :D

i just got an email saying to stop by the open house. because W&L is clearly close enough to california to just stop by.

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 09:03:45 PM »
I got that email, too, Lexy!!

dr_draino

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 09:56:39 PM »
Well, that's just cause they figured you and Pookie would be hopping on a plane to come see the mid-atlantic with your tour guides, absy and draino  :)

i just got an email saying to stop by the open house. because W&L is clearly close enough to california to just stop by.

M2

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 11:24:35 PM »
I got the email with the fee waiver...and I was feeling pretty good until this thread lol

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 11:33:14 PM »
Well, that's just cause they figured you and Pookie would be hopping on a plane to come see the mid-atlantic with your tour guides, absy and draino  :)

Woohoo!  Air trip!  (I don't do road trips farther than 270 miles; that's the distance between LA and Vegas, if you're wondering.)

I don't remember a fee waiver with the e-mail.  I might not have been paying attention.  I got a USC one today though, or at least an offer for one.  They said they're mailing them in a month for their early action program, which gives a decision two weeks after you turn in your application.  Sounds fun!  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?