Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fafsa Questions  (Read 699 times)

Burz

• View Profile
    • Email
Fafsa Questions
« on: February 08, 2007, 05:35:18 PM »
I'm confused as to what period of time the numerical questions are referring to. I haven't been in school since the 2005-2006 school year, so do I report grant and scholarship aid totals from that year? Should I even have to report those numbers anyway because the money went to my parents (they paid for undergrad) and not to me.

Worksheet B is also tricky, as I'm not sure exactly what to include. "WB12. Money received, or paid on the student's behalf (e.g., bills), not reported elsewhere on this form." So, is that like my car, insurance, food, etc. from my parents?

This is also probably answered somewhere else, but how can I get my 7th school code onto the app?

Thanks in advance.

h2xblive

Re: Fafsa Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:17:44 AM »
I'm confused as to what period of time the numerical questions are referring to. I haven't been in school since the 2005-2006 school year, so do I report grant and scholarship aid totals from that year? Should I even have to report those numbers anyway because the money went to my parents (they paid for undergrad) and not to me.

Worksheet B is also tricky, as I'm not sure exactly what to include. "WB12. Money received, or paid on the student's behalf (e.g., bills), not reported elsewhere on this form." So, is that like my car, insurance, food, etc. from my parents?

This is also probably answered somewhere else, but how can I get my 7th school code onto the app?

Thanks in advance.

I'd like to know the answer to that, too.  I assume car insurance (and maybe health insurance) and school tuition would apply here as well.  I don't think food would apply, but that's just my take on it.

h2xblive

Re: Fafsa Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »

I called a school and they said basically anything you got in 2006, you need to report.  If your relatives/friends/parents paid for your school's tuition and books, report that.  If they paid for your car insurance, rent, even money given as a gift, you should report that (although the gift money is probably negligible).

Hope this help, Burz.