Law School Discussion

Waitlisted @ Maryland

Re: Waitlisted @ Maryland
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2007, 06:48:56 PM »
oh my interpretation's of the part where they say they don't rank their waitlist b.c its rolling admissions.

they dont rank it b/c they dont yet know (then they wrote that letter) how many more people were going to be added to the waitlist (b.c of the rolling admissions) and what they would be like..so they cant rank that the partial waitlist that they have because that ranking would be meaningless as it wouldn't include lots of people who aren't yet on it.

someone else said it means its ranked by application date..i doubt this..

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2007, 11:23:32 AM »
on second thought...

just got confirmation from the UMD admissions office of how the waitlist works.

people are pulled off by the order they sent in their form comfirming thier wiatlist placement.

i guess i have very little chance..

but good news for some others on the board....

edit:  last year LSN shows someone getting in at UMD off the waitlist on 6/29/06...if the waitlist worked the same way last year( people got notified by phone starting in may based on when they wer put on the waitlist and no otehr factor)..that means a whole lot of people probably got in off the waitlist.

second edit: actually..as i post later..it appears there is evidence the waitlist did work differently last year

so i was brave enough to ask UMD how the waitlist works...anyone want ot be brave enough to ask UMD what % of still interested people got accepted off the waitlist last year?

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2007, 03:33:41 AM »
i cant see how they would pull people off soley by when they returned their wl form....some people have gotten off and they deff got+sent in their wl form later than me.

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2007, 08:12:19 AM »
well there is only one way to find out...call or email them.

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2007, 01:55:56 PM »
i cant see how they would pull people off soley by when they returned their wl form....some people have gotten off and they deff got+sent in their wl form later than me.

the rule doesnt apply to the priority waitlist...true a lot of them may have sent in their forms latr than you but they are on a different list

there is only 1 person here on this board who got pulled off later than may 1 (when they started the regular waitlist)
and there is nobody on the LSN site who lists being pulled off the waitlist later than may 1..which means they if they were pulled off they were priority..b/c the waitlist didn't start till may 1.

its ceritnly possible what your saying (and that UMD is giving misinformation...as usual)..but how do you know that?

in a seprate vain YOU SHOULD PROBLY MAKE SURE THE FORM DINT GET LOST IN THE MAIL OR SOMTHING

Booyakasha2

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2007, 12:14:48 PM »
can you be sure all the wl'ed - accepted people were on the priority one?  I saw how some were, but not all detailed which list they were on.  Also, are you going off of last year's cycle info at all?  That might give you a larger population.  And thanks for the concern, but i made sure, via delivery confirmatioin, that it got to the office.

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2007, 07:22:53 PM »
I'm joining your chat. I'm waitlisted at Maryland as well (and UPenn, Wash U in St. Louis, & UNC) Here I thought Md would be more of a safety school -especially being instate and going to UMD undergrad. Guess Not!!

My letter said the waitlist would be reviewed in July. Is there really a priority waitlist at MD?

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2007, 07:26:52 PM »
July! Damn thats late, mine said they would start reviewing in May. From what everybody is saying, there is a priority waitlist. I like you am also a Terp, don't think that matters to them too much, although you being an actual Maryland resident should help your case. I know a guy with only a 158 LSAT who got in, so maybe ur chances are good-but then again, I dunno. I just have my fingers crossed that I can stay in this state.

I'm joining your chat. I'm waitlisted at Maryland as well (and UPenn, Wash U in St. Louis, & UNC) Here I thought Md would be more of a safety school -especially being instate and going to UMD undergrad. Guess Not!!

My letter said the waitlist would be reviewed in July. Is there really a priority waitlist at MD?

Booyakasha2

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2007, 07:28:48 PM »

You must have gotten into some other quality schools then if you go wl at all those schools...youd really go to MD over them?

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2007, 07:33:11 PM »
July! Damn thats late, mine said they would start reviewing in May. From what everybody is saying, there is a priority waitlist. I like you am also a Terp, don't think that matters to them too much, although you being an actual Maryland resident should help your case. I know a guy with only a 158 LSAT who got in, so maybe ur chances are good-but then again, I dunno. I just have my fingers crossed that I can stay in this state.

Have you looked at the class statistic chart on the website? Wide, wide range of GPA/LSAT accepted at Maryland... I'm in their highest boxes but still waitlisted... in-state tuition would be nice

Has anyone officially gotten a letter that says "Priority Wait List" or something to that effect??...maybe I'm being optimistic but I really think it's one big waitlist