Law School Discussion

Waitlisted @ Maryland

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlisted @ Maryland
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »
the person who responds to my emails is nichole willihide...the admissions manager...not an admin person.

i dont think shes on the admissions committee.  admissions manager = administrative work i think....

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2007, 12:10:09 PM »
this is a possibility indeed...darn politically correct names for secretaries

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2007, 08:24:24 PM »
this is a possibility indeed...darn politically correct names for secretaries

Just a suggestion, you might not want to be making comments about people who work in admissions by name on an internet message board.  Nicole most definitely isn't a secretary, and she is likely trying to give you the best information she can.  This is a busy time of the year at the school, so honestly it wouldn't suprise me if stuff was held up in the ad. comm.  I know it sucks, but honestly you have to be patient.  Considering you applied just over two months ago during what is the busiest time you are just going to have to wait it out. 

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2007, 08:27:25 PM »
ok nicole...if by some weird reason you have read this...sorry

but actually i origionally assumed she was more important than a secretary..and never said for sure that she was.

nor was the implication that she personally is responisble for the delay or misinformation...just debating the credability of the source after someone else brought that up.

but thanks for the trasparently patronizing advice there humtre17 ;)

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 01:07:15 PM »
If you're on the waitlist, and a decision has been made and you don't get a telephone call, does that mean you were not accepted?

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 02:00:21 PM »
i assume youre talking about the umd status checker.  No, it means that the waitlist was ur decision.

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 02:05:10 PM »
i assume youre talking about the umd status checker.  No, it means that the waitlist was ur decision.

whew! good news. Thanks. I should hear back soon from them anyways though, not expecting to get in, but who knows, just maybe I'll be able to remain a Terp.

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2007, 06:28:06 PM »
officially joined waitlist today...just FYI

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2007, 06:33:01 PM »
officially joined waitlist today...just FYI

Welcome to the club.  Did your letter indicate when you'd get a look-in?

FYI, I was WL'd in Feb, letter said WL would be reviewed regularly starting May, no news as yet.

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2007, 06:42:24 PM »
same letter.
letter also said all decisions made by 7/31 (in umd talk..this means early august ;))

looking at listing for UMD for last years Law school numbers webdiste..indeed..the last person got off the waitlist in late july.

we know that hey have alredy started dipping into the waitlist as one person here has said he has already been accepted off the regular waitlist...he said he got the call may 8th.which is consistent.

since the continued interest form asaked for a phone number..and the guy who got off the regular waitlist heard by phone...i think they want to do these by phone

look at it this way...the more time that goes by the greater %chance of hearign the next day (also because the later its gets..the more people who are accepted pull out..etc...