Law School Discussion

Waitlisted @ Maryland

ncccippy

Re: Waitlisted @ Maryland
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 11:50:01 AM »
Regular Waitlist and got the call yesterday. The lady I spoke with said she would call back with a final answer on Wednesday.

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »
Regular Waitlist and got the call yesterday. The lady I spoke with said she would call back with a final answer on Wednesday.

Congrats - hope the final answer is also positive!

I would be interested to know if you did anything to make them aware of your continued interest.  Thanks, and good luck.

Daibutsu

• At peace with nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 09:57:29 PM »
Ditto.

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 11:33:07 PM »
Double ditto.

ncccippy

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 11:28:50 AM »
Well I got the official word a few min ago. I'm in and I'm interviewing for a Leadership Scholarship in like 3 hours. Does anyone know anything about this? Speed in response would be appreciated.

Daibutsu

• At peace with nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 06:32:25 PM »
Obviously I don't have advice on the scholarship, but congrats on the acceptance.

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2007, 12:00:35 AM »
ncccccipppy-
Aww they told me no go with the scholarship!!!
Damn you!! (and congrats and good luck with the interview!!!)

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 04:28:48 AM »
can those who got pulled off the wl say which ones they were on (reg or priority) when they applied, and when their original decision was? 

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 09:20:52 PM »
know what sucks?

knowing that people on this board have gotten in off the regular waitlist (ncccippy)...and knowing that I have not yet even been given an initial waitlist/accept/reject decision and my status checker still says "received"

i have been in touch with them by email twice...once at the beginning of april and once in late april.  each time they said it would be a few weeks.

the previous time they said it was in committee and it would be 2-3 weeks...it will be 3 weeks since they said that this coming Tuesday.

lsat 164 gpa 2.89 total and 3.2 at the university i graduated from...which happens to be UM College Park.

and yes i applied on time (march 8th when the deadline this year was the 15th after having been extended)...umd took a month too request the lsac package and another few weeks to put it into committee.

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2007, 10:23:58 PM »
i applied in sept.  i waited 5 months for a decision and now im waiting on the waitlist.  your wait is nothing...