Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: gotten into great schools....but still disappointed. any thoughts?  (Read 26220 times)

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: gotten into great schools....but still disappointed. any thoughts?
« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2007, 10:13:06 PM »
me, personally, i've spent the last 30 years in public service.

i have plenty of personal satisfaction, but no bank account and no retirement.  i'm going to law school for the money.  sell my soul to the highest bidder, make all the bonuses for 15 years, and then sit on the beach in maui drinking mai tais.

says the guy who is giving away his 1L summer to a legal services center.   :P
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2007, 10:16:29 PM »
That aside, and our political leanings aside I'm going to step back for a moment and assume that you have at least some semblance of respect (if not love) in regards to what this country stands for.  In this country we value hard work, we cherish ambition, and creativity.  If someone decides they want to use their high-powered education to make millions of dollars, never donate to charity, and use that money for nothing other than buying fancy cars and 500k watches who are we to say otherwise?  I may not agree with it, and you may not agree with it, but at the end of the day millions of people died so he could have that right, and to even suggest that the aforementioned right should be curtailed in the name of some vague "social conscience" is to spit upon their graves.

Like I correctly guessed/predicted, a Bushie who can only understand Thomasian jurisprudence.  :D

I prefer Roberts/Scalia thanks.
HLS '09

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2007, 10:20:40 PM »
Roberts is kinda hot.

i heard he wears manties under his robes

JD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2007, 10:23:26 PM »
Roberts is kinda hot.

i heard he wears manties under his robes

I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth.

Seconded.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2007, 10:24:25 PM »
Manties?

Is that like Cravath?

sax, c'mon, you haven't heard of manties?

http://www.manties.net/

JD

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2007, 09:15:30 AM »
I don't like trannies. 

Sax, now that you're gay or whatever, I tolerate this kind of crap even less.

The rest of you, I'm pleased, at least, with how often you bandied about the term "douchebaggery" in this thread.

Like I said, Steve and I have never seen eye to eye on much (and he is an ass), but you don't have to leave your crew to find worse prestige whoredom (terse dismissals of one's education at GULC, Berkeley, and NU, anyone?).  I fear the real issue here is that Steve isn't cool in any sense of the word.  I didn't like the way everyone piled on, but whatever.  It was worth some chuckles.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2007, 09:46:50 AM »
That aside, and our political leanings aside I'm going to step back for a moment and assume that you have at least some semblance of respect (if not love) in regards to what this country stands for.  In this country we value hard work, we cherish ambition, and creativity.  If someone decides they want to use their high-powered education to make millions of dollars, never donate to charity, and use that money for nothing other than buying fancy cars and 500k watches who are we to say otherwise?  I may not agree with it, and you may not agree with it, but at the end of the day millions of people died so he could have that right, and to even suggest that the aforementioned right should be curtailed in the name of some vague "social conscience" is to spit upon their graves.

lmao.  at this point i have to believe that steve's messing with y'all.

i <3 you red
HLS '09

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »
y'all.

*sniff sniff*

You've made this Texan very proud. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »

Aww Demingh, do I really deserve such a backhanded wish for happiness?

Absolutely. My gift, from me to you.

And just for some closure, why do I deserve it?

Interesting. Those who know me on this board can assure you I have been holding back my opinion for months now, and I think I've done a pretty decent job of doing so. But hey, since you asked -

Slicka - you're an insufferable a$$hole. Of course, this comes as no new news to you, but I see you've grown accustomed to this personality and are unlikely to break out of that shell.

Given all the opportunities and accomplishments of your life, you have an astoundingly short and narrow world-view. While steve's utter ridiculousness can be passed off as the unfortunate side-effect of a silver spoon up his a$$, I struggle to understand how you could be so simple-minded. In this, I find greater disgust.

Your opinions and contributions to this board can be summed up easily.

1. I am utterly and solely deserving of all that comes my way.
2. Therefore my prestige-whoreness is justified.
3. HLS being the ultimate in prestige. Oh my, must it terribly sad to be the rest of you, but don't worry I will attack your pitiful choices nonetheless.

In fact, if you want to use that summary instead of the pointless drivel you typically post, I'm perfectly fine relinquishing the rights to it.

I wish Mike245 could sit you down and teach you a lesson in humility and gratitude, but Mike has done enough good in this world that I wouldn't punish him like that.

So, now that I have given you my blessing of a happy and full life at Harvard, can you please do me the favor of withdrawing from Columbia? Although I know the chances are slim to none that you would lower yourself to the TTT of CLS, I do live in a mildly constant fear that I would have to deal with you on a daily basis.

[img width= height=]http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/files/2006/07/snap.jpg[/img]

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »
It would have been better had any of what she said was right (except for the Harvard prestige whoring, which I fully admit to).
Yale.Law.School.2010