Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: gotten into great schools....but still disappointed. any thoughts?  (Read 25937 times)

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: gotten into great schools....but still disappointed. any thoughts?
« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2007, 08:33:51 PM »
Brer, I don't understand your urge to protect the little lambs here. 

Yes, hyperbole abounds.  No, we're not wrong in calling Steve a feminine hygiene product.  I'd say Jolie's statements come the closest to the truth, although I'm not going to pretend like I didn't find halfie's flaming amusing.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

BrerAnansi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2007, 08:58:40 PM »
I'm not protecting the lambs...I'm just saying *&^% stinks, but Steve is not the only one that's dropped a deuce around here...

Basically...yes, take a swipe at Steve...but this thirty page pile on was unwarranted...nothing he's said is that egregious...and I've seen worse (in this vein) that was/is swallowed because it's coming/it came from a "name" poster...no one has been able to stretch Steve's "bad behavior" far enough to even begin to cover the venom in this thread...not even close...

I just thought it said a lot more about those who were bashing than the bashee...namely that they're all filthy beasts...I just wanted them to own that instead of bitching at Steve but holding themselves up as paragons of virtue...

Also: quit jocking me beast, I'm indulging in mindless television...
Grrr...

Quote from: 1LCorvo
If there aren't any arguments against my claims, then I'll depart gracefully. Feel free to continue the concordant attack on my character, it's funny.

Quote from: Saxibbles
Hugs,
Look to the f-ing left.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2007, 09:09:23 PM »
Two things:

1.  Steve's obtuse need to defend his prestige-whoring through more prestige-whoring without admitting that he's a prestige whore is what's pushed this to 30 pages.  He could've jumped ship like he said he was going to, or he could've simply owned up to being a prestige-whore, and this thread wouldn't have jumped the shark nearly as badly.

So you see, you are protecting the little lambs.

2.  Sure, it says a lot about all the bashers.  But it says different things about each one.  I think most of us have owned up to that, so I really don't understand your need to point that out. 

"Paragons of virtue"?  Nah.  Protecting the little lambs again. 

We're annoyed with Steve for being haughty and aloof and pretending like he's not, and his responses have been haughty and aloof while pretending he's not.  The two sides stoke each other, but he really is asking for it.  And has been for a long time. 

J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

last light

• keep fading
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2007, 09:37:39 PM »
I'm not protecting the lambs...I'm just saying sh*t stinks, but Steve is not the only one that's dropped a deuce around here...

Basically...yes, take a swipe at Steve...but this thirty page pile on was unwarranted...nothing he's said is that egregious...and I've seen worse (in this vein) that was/is swallowed because it's coming/it came from a "name" poster...no one has been able to stretch Steve's "bad behavior" far enough to even begin to cover the venom in this thread...not even close...

I just thought it said a lot more about those who were bashing than the bashee...namely that they're all filthy beasts...I just wanted them to own that instead of bitching at Steve but holding themselves up as paragons of virtue...

Again, I don't think you're pointing out anything that "we" aren't aware of.

Thanks for caring, though.  :-*
No more gods
No more graves
No more love
No more hate
No more heroes

BrerAnansi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2007, 09:40:05 PM »
Explicit admission: EDIT: Full disclosure - I would have picked HLS over any other school regardless of cost, but for those who actually remember me from last cycle if you recall when I got into CLS I didn't want to go because NYU was so much cheaper.  I changed my mind after they basically matched NYU.

Implicit admission: Thats fine J - I don't have much patience for hypocrites who call me a "prestige whore" for going to the best school I got into while they do the exact same thing and presume themselves above it.

What exactly are you looking for...a scarlet P?

You, Halfie and a belated, halfhearted "yeah you got me, I have an agenda" from whoever the hell "Last life" is does not add up to most of the posters...I wish we were the only ones who posted...it sure would have made for a funnier thread...

And stop making me out to be red., the lambs can suck it...

Grrr...

If there aren't any arguments against my claims, then I'll depart gracefully. Feel free to continue the concordant attack on my character, it's funny.

Hugs,
Look to the f-ing left.

last light

• keep fading
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2007, 09:45:35 PM »

You, Halfie and a belated, halfhearted "yeah you got me, I have an agenda" from whoever the hell "Last life" is does not add up to most of the posters...I wish we were the only ones who posted...it sure would have made for a funnier thread...

Hardly belated and half-hearted, though. I never pretended I was doing anything otherwise than flinging shite from the beginning.

I differ from those in that the prestige whoring and smug attitude bother me. It's about as worthless as me bitching about it on this thread, only there are real world implications in his case. And I won't fail to keep flinging those deuces he keeps dropping right back in his face (if for no other reason than that I'm a rotten lout, though with the perhaps "naive" and "virtuous" notion that he might one day pull his head out of his own ass).

No more gods
No more graves
No more love
No more hate
No more heroes

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2007, 09:53:43 PM »

Hardly belated and half-hearted, though. I never pretended I was doing anything otherwise than flinging shite from the beginning.

I differ from those in that the prestige whoring and smug attitude bother me. It's about as worthless as me bitching about it on this thread, only there are real world implications in his case. And I won't fail to keep flinging those deuces he keeps dropping right back in his face (if for no other reason than that I'm a rotten lout, though with the perhaps "naive" and "virtuous" notion that he might one day pull his head out of his own ass).

pls explain
HLS '09

BrerAnansi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »

You go head...he might follow your example...

You're male right?...I'm pretty sure the other ladies already pulled a "female dog out and be out"...listen boys, you're not going to get the admission you're looking for from Steve...he's simply the wrong gender for that...

Also: are you Andrew?...there's something familiar about you...
Grrr...

Hugs,
Look to the f-ing left.

last light

• keep fading
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2007, 10:02:08 PM »

pls explain

List the goals you have set for yourself post-law school. You can do it here, or just run them through your head. What does it suggest to you?

Also, I'm not expecting an answer to this. Play around with it for awhile; see what your priorities are, and what that says about yourself. 

I have some guesses. If I'm right, I'm a petty lout and you're a worthless, smug pile of sh*t. But I could very well be wrong. In that case, oh well, I'm still a petty lout and you're a contributing member to society that used that advantages that his degree afforded him to their utmost potential.

I prefer the latter.
No more gods
No more graves
No more love
No more hate
No more heroes

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2007, 10:10:04 PM »

pls explain

List the goals you have set for yourself post-law school. You can do it here, or just run them through your head. What does it suggest to you?

Also, I'm not expecting an answer to this. Play around with it for awhile; see what your priorities are, and what that says about yourself. 

I have some guesses. If I'm right, I'm a petty lout and you're a worthless, smug pile of sh*t. But I could very well be wrong. In that case, oh well, I'm still a petty lout and you're a contributing member to society that used that advantages that his degree afforded him to their utmost potential.

I prefer the latter.

I have no interest in working in finance or biglaw ever - if I did I wouldn't be here - I had plenty of offers in finance already.

That aside, and our political leanings aside I'm going to step back for a moment and assume that you have at least some semblance of respect (if not love) in regards to what this country stands for.  In this country we value hard work, we cherish ambition, and creativity.  If someone decides they want to use their high-powered education to make millions of dollars, never donate to charity, and use that money for nothing other than buying fancy cars and 500k watches who are we to say otherwise?  I may not agree with it, and you may not agree with it, but at the end of the day millions of people died so he could have that right, and to even suggest that the aforementioned right should be curtailed in the name of some vague "social conscience" is to spit upon their graves.
HLS '09