Law School Discussion

gotten into great schools....but still disappointed. any thoughts?

JuanTwoThree

• Arnold is numero uno
    • View Profile
Re: gotten into great schools....but still disappointed. any thoughts?
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2007, 05:01:45 PM »
This is exactly the reason why many people loathe LSD and prefer to stay on Xoxo. I ask a serious question. Steve.jd gives me a serious answer. Haters and insecures jump on his ass for him speaking his mind.

I'm sorry not everyone can go to Harvard. Its very classless to hate someone simply because they go there.

I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but I don't think anyone chiming in here begrudges Mr. .jd his spot at Harvard.  

Either this person has shown himself to be a complete ass in other posts previously or everyone is being very insecure. Nothing he has said is deserving of this hatred. It leads me to believe that everyone here is a complete prestige whore and completely envious of steves position.

JuanTwoThree

• Arnold is numero uno
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »
This is exactly the reason why many people loathe LSD and prefer to stay on Xoxo. I ask a serious question. Steve.jd gives me a serious answer. Haters and insecures jump on his ass for him speaking his mind.

I'm sorry not everyone can go to Harvard. Its very classless to hate someone simply because they go there.

I don't think anyone hating on steve jd is insecure or jealous of his harvard seat, but i can say in my honest opinion that he usually comes off as pretentious.  obviously this can be misinterpreted online, but after months of seeing him post, i'm thinking i didn't misinterpret every single post, but just gaged his personality.  it's fing annoying when someone pops their head in every fing post to give us his/her abounding knowledge.  oh, how lucky we are.

I believe I directly prompted the guy.

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2007, 05:02:58 PM »

I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but I don't think anyone chiming in here begrudges Mr. .jd his spot at Harvard.  

Either this person has shown himself to be a complete ass in other posts previously or everyone is being very insecure. Nothing he has said is deserving of this hatred. It leads me to believe that everyone here is a complete prestige whore and completely envious of steves position.

Bingo!

UChi2L

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »
so far I have gotten into the following schools:

Michigan
Duke
Georgetown
Cornell
Berkeley

And I guess that is ok........but I still feel very down. I guess what I am having a hard time with is that even though I have gotten into good schools, I haven't gotten into any schools I would be *happy* attending, and the only schools that are in that category that I applied to are Penn, Chicago, NYU and Columbia, and I am wl at CLS, so little to no shot. When you are accustomed to a high level of success anything that is even slightly less than stellar feels like a massive disappointment. Its embarrassing to say, but I would really feel slightly ashamed to go to Duke or Mich........sigh, what is wrong with me?

You are going to be so annoying when you get to law school.

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2007, 05:05:44 PM »

I don't think anyone hating on steve jd is insecure or jealous of his harvard seat, but i can say in my honest opinion that he usually comes off as pretentious.  obviously this can be misinterpreted online, but after months of seeing him post, i'm thinking i didn't misinterpret every single post, but just gaged his personality.  it's fing annoying when someone pops their head in every fing post to give us his/her abounding knowledge.  oh, how lucky we are.

I believe I directly prompted the guy.

maybe in this post, but this usually isn't the case

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2007, 05:06:14 PM »

I, for one, am thrilled he ended up there. Cityslicker, I wish nothing more for you than to love it at Harvard during the ASW and to withdraw from CLS immediately.

Aww Demingh, do I really deserve such a backhanded wish for happiness?

« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2007, 05:09:07 PM »
Will no one help me with my scarf?

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2007, 05:10:18 PM »

Aww Demingh, do I really deserve such a backhanded wish for happiness?

Absolutely. My gift, from me to you.

And just for some closure, why do I deserve it?

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2007, 05:13:19 PM »
As usual, I agree with halfie (although - as usual - he's been a touch more, umm, colorful in expressing his view than I probably would have been. :D)  

I bet people used to like me more when Adehmar was around.  Because he always ended up going bad cop and I was the nice one.  :D

And there you have it.  Ade was my boy, too.  Just because I'm too nicey-nice most of the time to tell it like it is, doesn't mean I won't howl with glee when someone else does.  Bonus points if it's someone I like. 

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2007, 05:14:37 PM »

I, for one, am thrilled he ended up there. Cityslicker, I wish nothing more for you than to love it at Harvard during the ASW and to withdraw from CLS immediately.

Okay, to be fair, I think that while both are prestige whores, Cityslicker is a prestige whore of a much less offensive character that steve.jd. Cityslicker admits to it, and he's generally good-humored, respectful, and not terribly self-aggrandizing.

steve.jd, on the other hand, never fails to come across badly. He is offensively arrogant, ambitious, grandiose, elitist, and so high-handed in expressing his opinions (of which all of the above descriptors are usually apt) at every possible opportunity as to leave him open to public mockery.

steve.jd is obviously insecure, immature, and over-inflated. I object to his presence on this planet, let alone this forum. He is a tool.

In summation: Steve.jd, please DIAF.

XOXOHTH

Just kidding, of course...  ;)