Law School Discussion

gotten into great schools....but still disappointed. any thoughts?

Re: gotten into great schools....but still disappointed. any thoughts?
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »
maybe the OP is one of those people that perpetually thinks that "the grass is always greener elsewhere".. what surprises me is that they didn't apply to HYS and then complain about how they haven't gotten in..

well, if the only thing that matters to this person is going to a T4-T7 school, then perhaps they should wait a year and reapply. at least that way, I won't have to see them in any of my classes ;D

FunkyzeitmitBruno

• please fire this man
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2007, 08:43:46 PM »
I wonder how Mich, Boalt, et. al would feel after seeing the the OP's OP. Apparently, 1 spot in the USNEWS ranking = no further use in pursuing a legal career. I mean really, you'll find many ppl, including myself, who would put Mich over Penn with respect to prestige and many others who would prefer the lower T14, even without more merit money, than CCNP for non-prestige reasons.

I can relate to being a bit bummed about not getting into the top choices. But the actual differences career-wise are pretty marginal, especially considering that you'll more-likely-than-not do better a school with lower entering student stats.

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2007, 08:56:26 PM »
But the OP is disappointed enough that he is quitting. He is giving law school at some fine institutions on the off chance he might be able to get in next year to CCN/Penn.

Regarding your other post... look up info before you post, qualifying us a pathetic morons who are jealous of the OP is kind of silly when some of have gotten into those same schools the OP references.

it seemed that most of the posts were by people who only got into schools like boalt, michigan, or worse. so yeah, pathetic morons still seems apt.

No.

And you're a bigger asshat than the OP.

i'm truly sorry that you go to dolt. it's understandable that you should try and lash out. don't worry, i take no offense.

Ollie!

• 1 0f 30: U U D D L R L R B A STRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2007, 09:00:35 PM »
it seemed that most of the posts were by people who only got into schools like boalt, michigan, or worse. so yeah, pathetic morons still seems apt.

Taken from your post history "...but i transferred in from another t1. i studied a lot during 1l...probably 8 hrs a day or so, 6 days a week. i rarely went to class [wow], however.."  Due to your obvious superior intellect, I am going to assume you had to transfer not because you were a "pathetic moron" who couldn't do better than Boalt or Michigan, but that a late entrance (2L at NYU) is much more fashionable.

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2007, 09:02:56 PM »

Taken from your post history "...but i transferred in from another t1. i studied a lot during 1l...probably 8 hrs a day or so, 6 days a week. i rarely went to class [wow], however.."  Due to your obvious superior intellect, I am going to assume you had to transfer not because you were a "pathetic moron" who couldn't do better than Boalt or Michigan, but that a late entrance (2L at NYU) is much more fashionable.

i was 'roughing it' first year. trying to get in touch with the common people; seeing how the other half live, etc.

FunkyzeitmitBruno

• please fire this man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »
lol, I love the difference in reactions between LSD and XoXo.

LSD: "You're a prestige whore, go kill self"
XOXO: "You've failed in life, go kill self"

Edit: Upon further reading, MTG has made the same observation on XO

coffee girl

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2007, 09:50:40 PM »
Ack, I feel tres pwned for having wasted my time on this thread...

ivy07

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2007, 01:14:03 AM »
whatever you may think....the thread is not flame. I posted the same thing on xoxo to get a different perspective. NOT a troll.

Harmonium

• Schiedmayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2007, 01:24:43 AM »
I mean, if you're gonna be a prestige whore: Penn is the reject ivy and Chicago is TTT. Only YSH can be considered law schools in the first place. HTMFH.

(xoxo posts are so f*ucking helpful!)