Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What the hell, I'll have some fun too: Fordham vs. BU?  (Read 242 times)

sk

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not as scary as it looks!
    • View Profile
    • Email
What the hell, I'll have some fun too: Fordham vs. BU?
« on: February 07, 2007, 03:00:29 PM »
The cycle isn't over yet, but these are my top choices thus far...

No idea where I want to practice! Which one would give me more mobility and a better education?

Thanks.
"buffoons don't clerk for federal judges!"

--LSN--

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell, I'll have some fun too: Fordham vs. BU?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 03:06:24 PM »
The cycle isn't over yet, but these are my top choices thus far...

No idea where I want to practice! Which one would give me more mobility and a better education?

Thanks.

well, since you have NO idea, then it's obviously BU. Fordham seems to be a fairly one trick pony in terms of placement: New York, New York.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 04:37:54 PM »
Fordham is a BIGLAW feeder for NYC... your options in that arena are good, elsewhere... limited.

BU is a better program all-around. Plus, your wquality of life in Boston is probably higher than NYC on a student's budget. AND you don't have to live in the same city as the farking Yankees.

Plus, the students are infinitely more tolerable. Whole lot less of the pretentious, arrogrant Wall Street wannabe frat-boy factor.

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 11:24:52 PM »
Fordham, because NYC is a much better place to be than Boston. If you go to BU, your options will be Boston and NYC. BU isn't a national school by any means. If you're looking for that, you're better of at BC.

Fordham is a BIGLAW feeder for NYC... your options in that arena are good, elsewhere... limited.

BU is a better program all-around. Plus, your wquality of life in Boston is probably higher than NYC on a student's budget. AND you don't have to live in the same city as the farking Yankees.

Plus, the students are infinitely more tolerable. Whole lot less of the pretentious, arrogrant Wall Street wannabe frat-boy factor.

You're way off. Take Jersey City or Astoria for example. Similar rents to my college town now. Also, what makes you think that Fordham has a bunch of wannabe frat types? First off, most of the people who go there are from the tri-state area. No major tri-state undergrad that I know of has a significant fraternity population. Not to mention that I am from the area and I can tell you that most of the people in this area are not this way. In fact, most people around here associate that kind of behavior with BU and GW, and those schools are known for taking in the people from the area who want to join that scene to get away from the more New York-oriented scene at NYU, Rutgers, Binghamton, Stony Brook, etc.