Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transcript-sending  (Read 653 times)

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Transcript-sending
« on: February 06, 2007, 06:38:05 PM »
I have a grade which was previously "not reported" (although non-punitively) and I want to update my LSDAS report to show it.  Now, chances are that I can go into the Admissions & Records office and have them address a transcript to LSAC but not to actually mail it out, at which point I would pick it up (sealed and addressed) and overnight it. 

Will LSAC accept this, I know they say that they "must be sent from the school" but do you think they would even ncessarily know the difference?

maybe2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Doesn't get any better than early 90s tv
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript-sending
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »
I work in an adcomm and any transcript that we get that wasn't sent from the school directly to us usually has a stamp that says "delivered directly to student."  This is even if the transcript is in a sealed envelope which they signed over the flap. Then we have to ask them to send us an official copy directly from the school. I'm not sure about your school, but that's just from the hundreds of transcripts I've paged through. 
In: RU-C($), Loyola, Nova, Temple ($$), AU, Emory, WUSTL ($$), NDLS ($$), Wake, Case, GULC (PT), Fordham, Cardozo, Mason (PT)
WL/Def: NU, Duke, UVA, W&L, UVA, BC
Out: UMich, NYU, Boalt, UC-Davis, HLS, UofChicago, Columbia, UWash

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=maybe2007

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript-sending
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 01:58:41 PM »
Maybe2007 is right. A lot of schools require an official transcript sent directly from your school to LSAC...I'm not sure if that's the case everywhere but it was at every school I applied to.