Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Toledo (Full ride) and Transitory question  (Read 490 times)

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
University of Toledo (Full ride) and Transitory question
« on: February 06, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »
I have a full ride at UT, but I have heard that some have gotten a full ride through a transition program.  I am wondering if regular admits and transitory students would be competing to keep their scholarship since you have to maintain a 3.3 GPA and transitory students only take 3 classes v. the 5 classes for regular admits.  Any advice would be great.

Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

keepitsimple

• Sr. Citizen
  • What else we doing here?
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: University of Toledo (Full ride) and Transitory question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 03:22:42 PM »
I did not know trans. students recieved scholorship (at least their first year). Who told you this

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 08:34:34 PM »
Sorry, I misred another post.  Although, I guess if there is a curve which I heard is set around 2.7 GPA at Toledo, then anyone who gets the full tuition will have to compete with students that only have three classes their first semester.  Unless anyone can tell me that a different curve is set for full time v. part time.
Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

keepitsimple

• Sr. Citizen
  • What else we doing here?
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 08:50:54 PM »
I don't think the trans students would compete with the full time because the trans students are part time DAY for the first semester and then begin full time the second semester. They then have the option of making up the extra two classes either in the summer or over the next year. I was admitted through the transitional program and that is what I understand from it.