Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone remember... V-Day edition  (Read 243 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Does anyone remember... V-Day edition
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:56:26 PM »
I just finished being price-gouged on Valentine's Day flowers for the girlfriend. Does anyone else remember when FTD and 1800flowers sent the flowers fresh from a local florist shop? How does it actually cost MORE to have them shipped three-day delivery in a box by UPS?
VIP.

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone remember... V-Day edition
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »
I think their excuse is that the packaging is more expensive, gotta keep the flowers "fresh"

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:47:21 AM »
I think their excuse is that the packaging is more expensive, gotta keep the flowers "fresh"

Then why not just go back to delivering them from the local florist? You can't get any damn fresher!
VIP.

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:53:04 AM »
I just finished being price-gouged on Valentine's Day flowers for the girlfriend. Does anyone else remember when FTD and 1800flowers sent the flowers fresh from a local florist shop? How does it actually cost MORE to have them shipped three-day delivery in a box by UPS?

I just read an article the other that they do ship through a local florist and the price gouging is just from the many middle men involved.  And one of their biggest issues is that when you place the order, they have minimal ways to regulate how busy their local florists are, so they keep piling on the work to a few shops, requiring them to pay more OT, and of course pass the price back to you.  Supposedly Hallmark.com is one of the best internet sites for getting quality flowers.

Here's the article:  http://www.smartmoney.com/10things/index.cfm?story=february2007
10 Things Your Florist Won't Tell You
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 08:52:08 AM »
Roses are overrated anyway.  My bf knows if he wants to win brownie points he should get me some sunflowers or gerber daisies.  Those are happy flowers.  :)
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

h2xblive

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 09:34:42 AM »
I was listening to a conversation on the subway today between a group of three college girls.  One of them said it was "common" for girlfriends to ask their boyfriends to wait until the day after Valentine's Day to buy chocolate so that the girlfriend can get more chocolate for the same price.

Ha!  :D

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 10:01:39 AM »
I was listening to a conversation on the subway today between a group of three college girls.  One of them said it was "common" for girlfriends to ask their boyfriends to wait until the day after Valentine's Day to buy chocolate so that the girlfriend can get more chocolate for the same price.

Eww!  I'd rather have a tiny box of the good stuff then a gigantic drugstore box.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 10:02:15 AM »

I have never ever heard of that. They must've been fat college girls.  :o

...The Captain is on a mean streak.
VIP.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 10:30:16 AM »
I laugh in the face of unreasonable expenses. The best deal on flowers is either grow them yourself, or just don't buy them at all.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future