Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My dog...for dog lovers  (Read 3959 times)

inthesun

My dog...for dog lovers
« on: September 09, 2004, 12:23:08 PM »
Many people have seen me mention the first love in my life.  Let me introduce you to my second, because in real life, I probably talk about her more than my first.

Kirei is my 1 year old, black lab mix doggy, we've had her for about 10 months.  She is all black, but has a white chest, and her front paws are white....she looks like she is wearing a tux.

My boyfriend and I adopted Kirei from the local animal care and control center.  The facility we went to was a no-kill facility, but there are many out there that are.  If anyone is ever considering getting a dog, please consider the idea of pet adoption.  There are so many poor doggy souls that just need the love of a good family.  There are other benefits to pet adoption.  We do not pay for vet visits, unless, of course, we receive special treatments for Kirei.  All in all, she cost us $80 with shots and everything.

If you guys think I have a sunny disposition, it pails in comparison to my dog.  My dog has yet to meet a person that she doesn't love.  We live on a park, and our balcony hangs right over it.  Kirei loves to lay on the patio and great people as they walk by...never with a bark.  When we take her down to the park, we meet all of her friends....it is amazing to see so many people that our dog brings enjoyment to when they visit her while she's on the balcony. 

She also thinks she is human, which is why my bf and I are considering adopting a sister for Kirei.  Kirei uses her paws in a way I have never seen other dogs do.  It's amazing.  When I come home and welcome my bf with a hug and kiss, Kirei stands on her hind legs and joins the group hug. 

The best part, is when she lays with her head on my chest, nuzzling under my chin.  It's amazing how close you can feel to an animal.

So here's to Kirei.  I love my doggy.   

Tell me about yours!

jgomez

Re: My dog...for dog lovers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 12:57:34 PM »
no picture?

dgatl

NYKnicks

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 01:23:40 PM »
hey inthesun, show us a picture of your dog.

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 01:34:52 PM »
It looks like your face has been superimposed on a tan body.
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

mukhia

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 01:43:25 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/09/shooting.dog.ap/index.html

LOL!  Dumbass.  The man in the article, not Desi (who should be hitting law books and not LSD).

inthesun

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 07:54:30 PM »
The photo is on my hard drive, and I cannot upload it to LSD unless I use it as my avatar (which I did for 2 days).

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 04:59:53 AM »
The photo is on my hard drive, and I cannot upload it to LSD unless I use it as my avatar (which I did for 2 days).

Damn inthesun, you know I am a sucker for animals.  Your dog sounds great.  My dog was a bit different.  She absolutely loved all people.  She was very well behaved, except for when I installed a doggie door, and when I was at work, she would drag all my clothes out to the back yard.  Yes, I need to pick my clothes she was telling me  ;D  One thing though, if a child (or any other dog) basically any living thing that she thought she could beat in a fight, she would attack.  Never figured that one out.  Loved people, hated dogs and any kid less than 5.  She adapted to my cat, who was very strong willed.  The cat eventually learned not to go near her food.  Cat's are smart that way.  The cat earned my dogs resect when I came home for lunch one day, and was nursing off my dog.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  My dog was 2, and the cat was like 8 moths old.  Also, I had a job where I was in and out of the house all day, and even the age of 2, she stopped running from my bed (where she always slept on MY pillow (because she couldn't when I was using it) to greet me at the door.  I guess she figured I was only going to be home for a few seconds and it wasn't worth her time.  (she was funny that way).  I said "No chelsie, door opens, you come see who is there, you protect this house, that is what your job is!"  After about 10 times of actually thinking this would get through to here, I realized how much I loved her.  Her best trick is that she can catch a basketbsll or football, and throw it back to me without the ball hitting the ground.  Don't believe me?  Either did about 20 or so other folks who bet me money AND LOST.  Perfect stupid pet trick for Letterman.  The hardest part is that I don't even want to get another dog because I feel that I would be trying to replace her in some way, and not give my new dog the attention it deserves.  I know this will change one day, but damn, I miss her.  A dog truly is a man's best friend.  I hate life sometimes,
and I'm sick and tired of hearing get over it, it's just a dog.  The only people who say that have never owned a dog, or keep their dogs chained or trapped inside a small pin in the Hot Days, and the freezing cold days.  I hate people like that.  What is the point?  I am supposed to take comfort in knowing she was loved and was given a great home.  All of that is true, but I feel no comfort.  So I turn to God, (we all do when dealing with death) and my religion says dogs don't have souls.  bull.  My dog has a bigger soul than most humans.  Sorry, I could go on all night, it's therapeutic for me, but nobody has got to the end yet  ;)
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

inthesun

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 12:41:47 PM »
Aww, Swifty, your dog sounds like she was a great friend...you didn't tell us her name.  :)  I told my boyfriend the part about your dog throwing the football, and he was truly jealous.  Anyhow, I am sorry to hear about your loss, but as they say, all dogs go to heaven.

thinknpositive

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 12:48:35 PM »
lola, my dog, is very cute but mean

she bites if you try and take away her bone

occasionally she'll the guard food bucket, if you get near her, she'll attack

i don't have a picture but she looks a lot like this dog
http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/pbgv.cfm

i also have a gold-rush golden retriever,zoe. she's mean but beautiful.