Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waiting for LORs  (Read 756 times)

mn1409

• View Profile
Waiting for LORs
« on: September 09, 2004, 12:00:23 PM »
Is it alright to start applying if my LORs aren't up on the LSAC site yet?  I don't think I'll have both up until mid-October.

LongTallVal

Re: Waiting for LORs
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 08:56:36 AM »
Yes, you can start applying.  The schools requesting reports from LSDAS will recieve updated reports whenever something new is added to your file. Keep in mind, though, that schools may not actually start looking at your file until these letters are in.

I am in the same situation you are, just waiting for my profs to send in the LORs, and I have already started applying.  I asked LSAC about this, and the above is the answer they gave me.

Good luck!

nathanielmark

Re: Waiting for LORs
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 09:49:34 AM »
Yes, you can start applying.  The schools requesting reports from LSDAS will recieve updated reports whenever something new is added to your file. Keep in mind, though, that schools may not actually start looking at your file until these letters are in.

I am in the same situation you are, just waiting for my profs to send in the LORs, and I have already started applying.  I asked LSAC about this, and the above is the answer they gave me.

Good luck!

some schools will view your file as "complete" though, once they get the minimum number of LORs, and i believe they dont necessarily get the added LORs unless they request them.  if this is in fact the case, you might wait until all LORs are in before applyiing.