Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Osgoode/NYU  (Read 1237 times)

treppenwitz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Osgoode/NYU
« on: February 04, 2007, 02:07:45 AM »
Have any other applicants received any specific info about the joint JD/LLB program?  There is no mention of the program in either of the initial acceptance packages.

MorningStar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Osgoode/NYU
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »
It is my understanding that there are two ways to gain entry into the Osgoode / NYU joint degree program.

1)  Initially the only way to get into the program is by applying independently to both schools and getting in.

or

2) You can apply into the NYU / Osgoode program after you have completed your first year of study as Osgoode (this can prove favorable for candidates that may not be able to get into NYU pre-law school but find themselves with strong first year grades after 1L).

treppenwitz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 05:37:17 PM »
Yes, that's my understanding of it as well.  You can also apply to the program after your first year at NYU, I believe.  I guess they will wait until later in the cycle to  share information with each other about acceptances, and then send out information specific to the program.

4-1

• This year is THE year.. or maybe next year? :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 08:50:50 PM »
I indicated the joint LLB/JD on my Osgoode application, and I've now been accepted to both Osgoode and NYU, but I haven't recieved any information about the program either. Go figure.  I get the impression that it's not very well organized/new.
CLS 2010!

treppenwitz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
I have that impression as well.  Glad to hear I am not the only one without information, though ;).