Law School Discussion

In at UT

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
Re: In at UT
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 09:11:28 AM »
I look great in burnt orange..  so I'm tagging this thread.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2007, 09:12:41 AM »

Ahhh! Don't do that to me! I saw your name on this thread and was all set to offer heartfelt congratulations.

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2007, 09:22:11 AM »
119, thats weird...how long ago did that happen?

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2007, 09:28:44 AM »

Ahhh! Don't do that to me! I saw your name on this thread and was all set to offer heartfelt congratulations.

Haha, no no.  If I get accepted to UT, EVERYONE will know about it b/c I will be freaking out.

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2007, 09:39:23 AM »
119, thats weird...how long ago did that happen?

it was when i was deferred in december. it's possible that i had put my permanent as my current address while i was home for the holidays, but i'm not sure.

i've had a lot of schools send to my permanent address rather than my current: berkely, boston university, William and Mary, UT, boston college and Emory. Only Georgetown, Cornell and GWU have sent decisions to my current address.

Sooner

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »
I'm trying not to get too hopeful, but secretly keeping my fingers crossed.  ;D  I'm just sending in their financial info today, because my husband's employer took their sweet time with the W-2.  Did you send yours in before they gave you the full ride?

Oh yeah, I sent that fin aid app in back in the first week of January. I didn't have 2006 W-2s available, so I estimated what they would be based on last year. I knew that the wait would be a long one. 

If I were you, I would rush that stuff to them. I'll predict that you will get $90K. That means it will cost you $30K for a NW education versus about $45K for a UT edumacation. Hmm...

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007, 10:49:39 AM »
Just found out that I've been accepted.  I haven't received the letter yet because I lost my mail key, but if you log into the UT status check, click on the FreshLaw button on the upper-right hand side of the screen, and then click on Freshlaw status on the left side of the screen, it should tell you if you have been accepted.

The freshlaw thing might not work if a decision hasn't been made yet, but it says on mine that a letter of admission was mailed on Feb, 2.  So there's something for those of you like me who don't like to wait.

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2007, 10:51:13 AM »
I decided to throw together a quick application update and emailed it to them... the response i got was "great, we'll add it to your file"  ??? I was hoping for "you silly girl, your acceptance it already in the mail, haven't you gotten it yet?"

I just visited there this morning, sat in a class, took a tour, etc.  I was really hoping that since they knew I was coming, they'd pull my file on Friday, review it, and meet with open arms "We've been waiting for you! You're accepted!".  

Nope.   :-\  Just more purgatory.

I was chatting with the secretary, and you could tell they're getting swamped with the deadline just a few days ago.  They're hoping to have all of the decisions out by early April, but "of course you could hear earlier".  

Just be happy that you have an application in.  She was fielding questions from people who haven't even applied yet.  Oops for them.

And after that tour, I just love UT ever more.  
:::sigh:::

honna

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2007, 10:53:32 AM »
Just found out that I've been accepted.  I haven't received the letter yet because I lost my mail key, but if you log into the UT status check, click on the FreshLaw button on the upper-right hand side of the screen, and then click on Freshlaw status on the left side of the screen, it should tell you if you have been accepted.

The freshlaw thing might not work if a decision hasn't been made yet, but it says on mine that a letter of admission was mailed on Feb, 2.  So there's something for those of you like me who don't like to wait.
you guys are just amazing...

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007, 10:54:26 AM »
Just found out that I've been accepted. I haven't received the letter yet because I lost my mail key, but if you log into the UT status check, click on the FreshLaw button on the upper-right hand side of the screen, and then click on Freshlaw status on the left side of the screen, it should tell you if you have been accepted.

The freshlaw thing might not work if a decision hasn't been made yet, but it says on mine that a letter of admission was mailed on Feb, 2. So there's something for those of you like me who don't like to wait.

it knows i'm an unwelcome intruder :(