Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My first acceptance (Hofstra)  (Read 2644 times)

dresblues

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: My first acceptance (Hofstra)
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 09:45:27 PM »
Hey everybody, I got my acceptance letter and t-shirt about 3 weeks ago. Hey ladylegal you applied to the same schools as me, who else did you here from? All my backups have gotten back to me and accepted me, Touro, NYLS, and Hofstra. I heard back from Cardozo, out. I'm waiting on Brooklyn, St. Johns, NYU, and Fordham. My apps were complete a while ago, I don't know whats taking so long.

Anyway, what does everybody think about a schools admitted students website letting you login before you've heard back from that school? A good sign, or a glitch?

ladylegal

• My darling foxie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 08:49:58 PM »
I haven't heard not a peep from any other schools. And I'm having daily panic attacks. I spoke with Cardozo and they said I should hear back by Mar 15th. Brooklyn keeps sending me shyt everything but an acceptance.

Fordham is notoriously slow a girlfriend of mine said their admissions process is dreadful.I spoke with an admission counselor today and even though they had my app since 12/21 she told me I would have an answer 6-8 weeks from the second week of FEB I mean WTF??

NYU and CLS haven't rejected me yet so heres hoping. 
The cause of freedom is not the cause of a race or a sect, a party or a class--it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity.
--Anna Julia Cooper

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 08:54:20 PM »
I haven't heard not a peep from any other schools. And I'm having daily panic attacks. I spoke with Cardozo and they said I should hear back by Mar 15th. Brooklyn keeps sending me shyt everything but an acceptance.

Fordham is notoriously slow a girlfriend of mine said their admissions process is dreadful.I spoke with an admission counselor today and even though they had my app since 12/21 she told me I would have an answer 6-8 weeks from the second week of FEB I mean WTF??

NYU and CLS haven't rejected me yet so heres hoping. 

Hrm, I found Fordham quite fast (and from LSN, I see I'm not the only one). I had <1 month turnaround time from complete to decision

The other schools are the one taking forever and giving me 6-8 weeks... gah. I wake up everyday saying "OK, today I HAVE to get something" and then realize that it could be weeks before the next one rolls in   :(

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 09:18:56 PM »
Yeah BLS tends to whore up your mailbox with TONS of stuff.  They pretty much send it to ALL their applicants so you can't really get your hopes up just b/c you're getting tons of mail from them.

You would think that BLS would try to cut back on the costs of mailing that stuff out and maybe just lower everyone's tuition... even if it's just a few dollars  :D
testing testing 1 2 3

dresblues

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 10:09:44 AM »
Yeah, no news is good news in the context of waiting to hear from law schools. The only schools I'm waiting to hear from are reach schools,so naturally I hound the snailmailbox and OCD my e-mail and the other day I got a huge envelope in the mail, big, thick, yellow, and heavy. So I got excited, that was for about 3 seconds, then I realized it was from the USMC, some documents and whatnot that they owed me, but man did it feel good for a second.

What about the being able to log into an admitted students website before hearing anything from that school? Anybody have a take on that?

ladylegal

• My darling foxie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 10:37:24 AM »

Hrm, I found Fordham quite fast (and from LSN, I see I'm not the only one). I had <1 month turnaround time from complete to decision

The other schools are the one taking forever and giving me 6-8 weeks... gah. I wake up everyday saying "OK, today I HAVE to get something" and then realize that it could be weeks before the next one rolls in   :(
[/quote]

Well maybe Fordham doesn't want me...  :( I figured I have a good shot with them based on LSN my numbers seemed on target (162/3.3/URM) but who knows just shoot me now  :'( My girlfriend got in last cycle with a 154/3.5. The status checker gets updated like every two weeks.... I hate this process.
The cause of freedom is not the cause of a race or a sect, a party or a class--it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity.
--Anna Julia Cooper

dresblues

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 06:09:56 PM »
Whats the big deal that the status checker at Fordham is updated? I don't understand, all it does is tell date recieved and date complete, or am I missing something?

NYLS was fast, a week after I went complete, I had an acceptance letter in my mailbox.

I applied to Touro and Hofstra back in September, heard from Touro late December and Hofstra late January.

Cardozo was quick, they definitely did not want me, thats ok though.

BLS, NYU, Fordham, and St. John's still haven't gotten back to me, but BLS and St. John's have whored up my mailbox. NYU and fordham have only let me know that I was complete, any day now.

ladylegal

• My darling foxie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 09:18:45 PM »
Supposedly the status checker let's you know if your in review and even if it goes into a second review. I'm not sure if it gives a decision, but mines is still at complete even though the admission office told me my app was in review.
--Anna Julia Cooper

dresblues

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
Yeah, mine has said complete for a month and a half, and thats all I thought the status checker did, but when I noticed some people making a big deal out of it being "updated" I thought maybe I was missing something.

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 03:56:48 PM »
Just got my first acceptance also... Hofstra, 12k/yr PT. Filed my app LATE Dec, so I guess a 2 month turn around time isn't that bad. I just hope to hear back from St John's soon...
Congrats!
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY