Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My chances at Vandy???  (Read 288 times)

tdice7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
My chances at Vandy???
« on: February 02, 2007, 05:05:26 PM »
I've been freaking out about Vanderbilt for the past week.  With a 3.2 GPA and a 169 LSAT....do I have a good shot????
Touchdown (Accepted): Miami, Tulane, U. of Cincinatti, Indiana, Ohio State, Wake Forest, Emory, Arizona, Wisconsin, Washington U.in SL, Illinois,
Stopped For No Gain (WL): Vanderbilt, Michigan, Virginia, USC,
Sacked (Rejected): Boston College, Texas,
First and ten (waiting):

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
Re: My chances at Vandy???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »
I've been freaking out about Vanderbilt for the past week.  With a 3.2 GPA and a 169 LSAT....do I have a good shot????

I have almost the same numbers, and I've been complete since november 13th, and I still havent heard.  My gpa is low because of the notoriously difficult chem classes though, and I know they take the courses into account (I asked) but generally... i'd say you have decent. Don't worry. You're index should be a 3.3/3.4 and they havent started accepting those in bulk yet, at least not on LSN.
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
Re: My chances at Vandy???
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 06:22:15 PM »
Possibly. You're at least a waitlist candidate. Be advised though, from my waitlist letter:

"This year's applicant pool is quite strong, requiring many difficult choices as we have approached the limit to the number of offers of admission available to us at this time."

well, that sounds like good news if you're on the waitlist. If they're severely limiting their offers, then they'll have to take more people off the waitlist when the time comes.