Law School Discussion

Getting a girlfriend

Geo_Storm

• I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a girlfriend
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2007, 09:27:36 AM »

As a side note: I consider myself pretty smart (as does everyone on LSD), but I never had any luck with the opposite sex until I started acting like a dumb jerk.

You know what's easier?  Just act yourself and go for older women.

Actually, act like a dumb kid and all the cougars will be all over you. wait how do we qualify older women here?

h2xblive

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2007, 09:29:17 AM »

As a side note: I consider myself pretty smart (as does everyone on LSD), but I never had any luck with the opposite sex until I started acting like a dumb jerk.

Actually, act like a dumb kid and all the cougars will be all over you. wait how do we qualify older women here?

Oh really?!

Geo_Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2007, 09:30:29 AM »

Oh really?!

maybe

h2xblive

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2007, 09:31:38 AM »

Oh really?!

maybe

Do you speak from experience?

Geo_Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2007, 11:06:38 AM »
I don't know, there are few things that make me want to rip a guy's clothes off more than an intense and interesting discussion.

Of course, I just did the nerdy glasses push and I'm sitting in a coffee shop reading cases, so...

N3RD AL3RT!

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2007, 11:15:48 AM »
From my experience, while a lot of women are honest about what they find attractive in a guy, a LOT tend to say one thing and do another.

Now, I have toned down my dumb jerk routine recently, but the dumb jerk has its benefits.

Because a dumb jerk is dumb:

- He's funny
- He's not intimidating

Because a dumb jerk is a jerk:

- He exhibits some self-confidence
- He's honest

These factors are (almost) universally attractive to women. Hence why being a dumb jerk works. Of course, once a girl starts dating a dumb jerk, she'll get pissed off at the fact that he's a dumb jerk rather easily, and there is almost no chance of a lasting relationship.

I agree that being yourself is great, but I have more than one friend who has spent 22-23 years of their lives being themselves, and they have all remained single for that entire time. One of them hasn't even kissed a girl.

Smart is great, but it isn't sexy in itself. Its something else that makes a person attractive -- the fact that he/she is smart makes you want to act on that attraction.

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2007, 12:38:58 PM »
Sometimes the law student thing works on chicks.  I told a stripper I was a Harvard law student and it worked.

No, they're supposed to take their clothes off.  It wasn't you...

h2xblive

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2007, 12:40:44 PM »
Sometimes the law student thing works on chicks.  I told a stripper I was a Harvard law student and it worked.

No, they're supposed to take their clothes off.  It wasn't you...

Hehehe, good one!

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2007, 02:12:40 PM »
I hate dumb jerks. I go for nerds  ;D

JTcc

• Such sweet sorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2007, 02:23:58 PM »
I'm single for the first time in 16 months as of yesterday.  I have completely forgotten how to talk to a woman who hasn't showered with me.  I might just marry a mountain until I matriculate, then try to rediscover my once-stellar mojo.  I also might corner the first two-legged woman I see and ask her if she would like to embark on a Sex and the City marathon while I rub her feet and spoon-feed her Ben & Jerry's.  Either one, we'll see how I feel.