Law School Discussion

Getting a girlfriend

Re: Getting a girlfriend
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2007, 08:48:26 AM »
re: lawyer sex.

I read a funny chick lit book where a female atty is talking about her last boyfriend.  Basically says... well we had our routine down to a six minute increment.  We could've billed each other.

I found that hilarious.

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2007, 08:51:07 AM »

I read a funny chick lit book where a female atty is talking about her last boyfriend.  Basically says... well we had our routine down to a six minute increment.  We could've billed each other.

I found that hilarious.

Once you start working in a firm and hear 20 jokes per day regarding billing increments it will get much less funny.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2007, 09:42:41 AM »

I found that hilarious.

Was that the Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella?  I was just cleaning my room and found that book and it has a similar quote.

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2007, 09:58:44 AM »

I found that hilarious.

Once you start working in a firm and hear 20 jokes per day regarding billing increments it will get much less funny.

I hear the same holds true when you're already billing for sex.

Please let me be in your section. 

Geo_Storm

• I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 10:01:39 AM »
I have better prospects as a law student than an engineering student right? Things are already looking up

Anyways med students seem ripe for the picking. They have to study so much that they have little fun time, and want to use the fun time wisely by being with guy who can match her prestige. So how far is B.C. from Tufts?

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 04:56:28 PM »
moni lisa... indeed it was.

it actually freaked me out when i read it because the case i was working on at the time had a similar amount of money at stake and i was like holy *&^%, am i going to mess up the case, lose a client 50 million dollars, and then go nuts and just take a train to the middle of nowhere.

answer- no.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2007, 05:09:59 PM »
moni lisa... indeed it was.

it actually freaked me out when i read it because the case i was working on at the time had a similar amount of money at stake and i was like holy *&^%, am i going to mess up the case, lose a client 50 million dollars, and then go nuts and just take a train to the middle of nowhere.

answer- no.

That was a fun book.  I really like that and the Shopaholic series.

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2007, 06:03:51 PM »
yeah - they're fun reads.

if you enjoy that sort of chicklit, i recommend (if you haven't) reading Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and Baby Proof by Emily Giffin . 

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2007, 08:59:44 AM »
i dont think i would want to date another lawyer/lawyer to be...seriously...who wants to talk about freaking law at the dinner table? i can see married life between two lawyers full of unnecessary arguments.

what you need to do is go to a school that also has a med school...then find yourself a nice medstudent lady friend cuz nurterers kick ass.

lawyer/dr combo = the huxtables.

Thats what I want! :)

Doctors are hot. :D

unfortunately real life is not like tv

Yeah I know that.

I have seen some cute med students. Plus its not always about looks. A guy can instantly become attractive if he is really smart.

This is true as long as he's not an a$$ about it.

I agree. Some can be such jerks. bleh.

I love smart guys though. Conversations are great and you learn something new. :)

Incorrect: http://www.intellectualwhores.com/whyiw.html

As a side note: I consider myself pretty smart (as does everyone on LSD), but I never had any luck with the opposite sex until I started acting like a dumb jerk.

h2xblive

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007, 09:25:56 AM »

As a side note: I consider myself pretty smart (as does everyone on LSD), but I never had any luck with the opposite sex until I started acting like a dumb jerk.

You know what's easier?  Just act yourself and go for older women.