Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Article on Mismatch Theory by WUSTL Prof  (Read 7084 times)

GoDumb

Re: New Article on Mismatch Theory by WUSTL Prof
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 03:03:29 PM »
Dude, he's a closet racist.  You're not going to get much more out of him.

Yea... I figured that much. I just don't feel like studying, but I think I am going to stay off the Affirmative Action board for now on...

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 03:04:56 PM »
We all learn to do that, but very, very slowly.  Some people, like Miss P, refuse to learn.

I say she's got balls err... moxy.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 03:09:15 PM »
We all learn to do that, but very, very slowly.  Some people, like Miss P, refuse to learn.

I say she's got balls err... moxy.

Rocks for brains.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 03:19:10 PM »
You or me?
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 03:30:49 PM »
You or me?

Me, clearly.  You have monkeybrains for brains.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 11:14:41 PM »
Dude, he's a closet racist.  You're not going to get much more out of him.

Pointing out that AA lets people into places where they have lower total credentials than basically anybody else in the student body (legacy admits excluded), which is a fact, makes one racist.  When they aren't arguing that this is a fact, liberals point out how it's important due to other injustices.  Cute things, those liberals.

Hey, you were getting props for intellectual honesty here; no need to turn this into another thing about What AA Proponents (Liberals) Do.  I dare say I have argued with you about affirmative action more than any other person on this board, and I only ever called you bigoted with respect to the horrible things you said about the Lebanese.  Anyway, I'm staying out of this debate.  As I said before, I'm just putting this out there.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 11:29:44 PM »
Hey, you were getting props for intellectual honesty here; no need to turn this into another thing about What AA Proponents (Liberals) Do.  I dare say I have argued with you about affirmative action more than any other person on this board, and I only ever called you bigoted with respect to the horrible things you said about the Lebanese.  Anyway, I'm staying out of this debate.  As I said before, I'm just putting this out there.

I said nothing about the Lebanese per se... I said something about those who wish for a global caliphate.

Anyway, I said nothing remotely racist and then, not unexpectedly, get called one for daring to bring up the DEFINITION of AA.  Funny, the other side does that occasionally as well, about other topics using different names ;)

Blah blah blah savages blah blah blah.  I'm sorry, I can't hear you.  Also, I have no idea what you're talking about, frankly.

GoDumb

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »
damn liberal media!

I just assumed you were a racist because you said the “even amongst non-URM peers who have similar numbers” statement.  I assumed that since “soft factors” are so highly subjective that one would accept the idea that similar numbers makes one equal. 

Being racist doesn't mean you hate others, use racial slurs, or anything silly like that. I just assumed based on some of your statements that you think URMs are inferior, even with similar numbers, to nonURMs - and there is nothing they can really do about it but cure AIDS.

but I am dumb.

GoDumb

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 02:29:37 PM »
damn liberal media!

I just assumed you were a racist because you said the “even amongst non-URM peers who have similar numbers” statement.  I assumed that since “soft factors” are so highly subjective that one would accept the idea that similar numbers makes one equal. 

Being racist doesn't mean you hate others, use racial slurs, or anything silly like that. I just assumed based on some of your statements that you think URMs are inferior, even with similar numbers, to nonURMs - and there is nothing they can really do about it but cure AIDS.

but I am dumb.

URM is not a "credential".  Non-URMs are less likely, again by definition, to be admitted for reasons that do NOT affect their ability to succeed in the eyes of the adcomm.

Turning your statement around, you are saying that the "soft factor" of being a URM is no different than most other "soft factors" that can help admission to law school.  Like, I don't know, a Master's degree or PhD.

But in your world those things are identical.  Yeah, you're dumb.

I never said being a URM is credential nor do I think URM status is identical to having a MA or a PhD.  Being a URM is a life experience, which does not equate to having a MA or PhD. 

I just did not like the “even amongst non-URM peers who have similar numbers” statement.  That’s really where it ends.  It’s was just a matter of syntax. 

Thanks for the compliment, I like to godumb from time to time.   

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 03:24:16 PM »
Great argument!

"That's the very definition of AA!"

::proceeds to make up definition of AA that serves own point::