Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UTK - Tennessee  (Read 5743 times)

paul1454

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UTK - Tennessee
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 08:15:26 PM »
According to LSN, no one has been rejected or waitlisted.  Their seat deposit isn't due until June so they may be taking their time (not to imply that UT's seat deposits has any bearing on an applicants decision making timeframe considering everyone else's is due in April). 

dgutc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
actually my roommate, who is not on LSN, got waitlisted today.

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 10:04:51 PM »
I am undecided between UTK and GSU.  Does anyone know anything about UTK 's.... no I mean UT's placement in Atlanta?  better or worse than GSU?

sisterjanet

• View Profile
    • Tales of a Librarian
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 11:04:29 PM »
Being from KY I always knew Tennessee as UT.  When I got on here, it was "UT this" and "UT that".  I felt like an idiot when I realized they were talking about UT-Austin.

Totally. I live in Texas, so I have to clarify to people that I'm talking about Tennessee and not Texas when I say "UT." It's too much trouble, so I just started saying/typing "UTK."

I will drop the "K," though once I'm there.  ;)
Support your local lipstick librarian.

paul1454

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2007, 09:20:42 PM »
Passing up some pretty high t1 schools to go to UT, I definitely have tried to keep from letting rankings weigh to heavily on my decision.  However, since I have decided on UT, it was nice to see them move up a couple spots to #53 today.

rickster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 09:30:11 PM »
Passing up some pretty high t1 schools to go to UT, I definitely have tried to keep from letting rankings weigh to heavily on my decision.  However, since I have decided on UT, it was nice to see them move up a couple spots to #53 today.

Their bump puts me a little more at ease with passing on T1 schools, for sure.  I'm making my final decision this weekend, though.
Washington and Lee '10

LSN

paul1454

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2007, 09:59:23 PM »
Rickster, have you had a chance to visit?  I was a little up in the air also, until I visited.  I was really impressed. 

rickster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2007, 10:26:05 PM »
Rickster, have you had a chance to visit?  I was a little up in the air also, until I visited.  I was really impressed. 

I'm visiting this weekend.  I've been to campus a couple times for football games, but I've never seen the law school.  Everything I've heard from friends there and friends that visited the LS was glowing.

I'll get to see UT and W&L back to back, so comparison and contrasting will be VERY easy.
Washington and Lee '10

LSN

paul1454

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2007, 10:45:32 AM »
For anyone interested, apparently their is a facebook group for this falls incoming class.  "Tennessee law class of 2010" http://tennessee.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2261985336

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2007, 02:22:01 PM »
keep the info coming people.

this school just got more appealing!

>:D
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?