Law School Discussion

_

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Life and Applications - in memoriam: dcgirl
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 02:37:22 PM »
well, i'm not going to quit because to tell the truth, they were great my freshman/sophmore year, and its just a matter of diverging life paths right now.

i gotta be loyal...plus i have a semester left. I don't believe in crapping out of something that did benefit me at some point.

Yeah, I'm somewhat in the same boat.  I'm pretty much done with it, but I feel loyal enough to stick it out for my last semester.

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »
bump, there have to be more!

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 09:59:02 PM »
well, i'm not going to quit because to tell the truth, they were great my freshman/sophmore year, and its just a matter of diverging life paths right now.

i gotta be loyal...plus i have a semester left. I don't believe in crapping out of something that did benefit me at some point.

That's how I was senior year. I wasn't really all that involved because I lived off campus and had too much other stuff going on, but I was ready to transfer schools before I joined my house. I met all my best girlfriends from UG there, lived with 5 sorority sisters senior year, and even if I wasn't close to the rest of them I felt like I owed the house something for what they gave me. Especially considering my chapter is constantly in the poors.  :D

Don't have any comparisons to offer right now, but I wanted to co-sign the above. I've met some of my best friends through my sorority and had a lot of fun over the past 3 and a half years, but now that I've got one foot out the door and I'm no longer an officer, it has started to seem silly and I've just gotten tired of it.

We've informally developed what I've dubbed the "Bitter Senior Table" at chapter (for those of us who actually still bother to come). It makes things that are largely irrelevant to us at this point a lot more tolerable if we all band together to make snarky comments, particularly about the way the younger girls are running the chapter now that we've aged out of leadership roles  ;).

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 07:32:53 AM »
We've informally developed what I've dubbed the "Bitter Senior Table" at chapter (for those of us who actually still bother to come). It makes things that are largely irrelevant to us at this point a lot more tolerable if we all band together to make snarky comments, particularly about the way the younger girls are running the chapter now that we've aged out of leadership roles  ;).

:D Wow, that's hilarious b/c all of the last semester seniors (myself included) sit on "heckler's row" on the front row and make snarky comments the whole time too.  I love it!

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 10:35:55 AM »
I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread (Greek system at my UG is for snooty rich kids from the East Coast--or at leats that was the sterotype that kept me from joining).

But thanks for the good read.  :)

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:08 PM »
And of course...never forget the importance of being a legacy!

This is Kent Dorfman. He's a legacy from Harrisburg!

Ah, Animal House- always the perfect source for the perfect quote.

Otter: Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon: I thought you were pre-med.
Otter: What's the difference?