Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone 100% sure they are going to FORDHAM?  (Read 672 times)

LawSchoolNY07

• View Profile
Anyone 100% sure they are going to FORDHAM?
« on: January 31, 2007, 06:07:19 PM »
hey there.

I have made up my mind FINALLY that I will be going to Fordham.

I was wondering if anyone else has as well and if any females are going to be looking for roommates. I have looked around on Craigslist but I would much prefer to live with another law student.

As well are any guys or girls planning on being at the admitted students event in Feb.?

"I Go Here!" : Fordham
"What? Like Its Hard?: Fordham, St.Johns ($$$$), Villanova, Northeastern ($$), UCONN, Seton Hall ($$$), Brooklyn ($$$), Cardozo
"No, Its Like a Smart People Thing": BC, Penn
"Shes not completely unfortunate looking": Cornell

Pending:BU

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone 100% sure they are going to FORDHAM?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 11:11:43 PM »
At this point is looking very likely that I'll be joining you.

I went to the admitted student event in January...is it worth going again for the February one.

I'm planning on living in Jersey City (this would work for a number of the schools I applied to). Right now I think I might be living with a friend from HS going to med school in the area, but you can PM/IM me because I'm not 100% what my situation will be.

LawSchoolNY07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 09:38:19 AM »
hey... i doubt it is worth going to a second one, it is probably the same as the first.

I visited Fordham once but I only walked around on my own and I want to get to hear what people say...so I figured I should attend one of the days.

What schools do you think could still draw you away from Fordham?

How far is Jersey City in relation to the City? I have been to the city many times but I am not good with how far certain things are from each other and I would prefer to not commute too far my first year. Living on campus would probably be best, but I would prefer to bring my cat with me. If I dont find somewhere animal friendly, my parents have already said they would keep her as long as I need, but I would really like to take her with me if possible.
"What? Like Its Hard?: Fordham, St.Johns ($$$$), Villanova, Northeastern ($$), UCONN, Seton Hall ($$$), Brooklyn ($$$), Cardozo

CocoPuff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »
I will definitely be attending Fordham but I'm unsure about where I will be living. I hear that the dorms also house undergrads and the apartments they provide are on the other side of town. Neither sounds appealing to me.

I'm thinking about attending the admitted students thing this month simply because it includes a mock class which sounds interesting.  Anyone know what that's like?

There's just this for consolation: an hour here or there when our lives seem, against all odds and expectations, to burst open and give us everything we've ever imagined"

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 04:25:20 PM »
I really liked Seton Hall when I visited. I was so sure I was going to go there until I got into Fordham.

Now I'm curious to see what Notre Dame has to say. If it's nothing good, then it looks like I'll be heading to Fordham.

Jersey City isn't that far...I would stay in the Journal Sqaure, take the PATH to the WTC and then switch to the A. Another option would be Astoria- take the yellow line to 57th and 7th.

LawSchoolNY07

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 04:40:05 PM »
Thanks... I will look around those areas.

CocoPuff... the mock class sounds interesting to me too. I have not sat in on classes anywhere, so this seems pretty close.