Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those of us who really don't care anymore  (Read 693 times)

ClaudiaM85

• View Profile
    • Email
For those of us who really don't care anymore
« on: January 31, 2007, 01:59:57 PM »
Hey everyone! roll call for everyone who doesnt spend 6 hours a day preparing for the feb test..stress leads to bad scores ppl! trust me on that!..when i use to panic and spend hours on end studying..i was stuck in the low 150's..i went two weeks went doing any lsat related material..scored a 162..ppl..just relax..the test does not define who you are..
Law school is overrated

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: For those of us who really don't care anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 03:55:34 PM »
Same thing!!!

I was doing the 6 hour/day studying before the December test - by the end of November my practice scores were still around 154 so I postponed to Feb.  I kept studying, but not nearly as much - more like 2 hours/day 3-4 days/week.  In January I took 2 weeks off of studying - took a practice test right after that and scored a 161 (my highest so far).  I've been getting a lot more practice problems right then I was before.
It must be because I'm more relaxed now for some reason, I hope I stay calm until after the test!
University of Toledo 0L

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 06:22:37 PM »
oh no not another one of these threads! I totally was into that mentality but if you give it a blase attitude, you might screw up and be careless- lesson is, its better to have a little obsessive caring to balance out your say la vie attitude
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »
There should be a happy medium. Don't adopt a careless "whatever happens, happens" attitude about studying for the test; at the same time, don't spend every waking hour thinking about it. Maintain, dude, maintain.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 12:49:45 PM »
the best way not to care anymore is just to get it over with ;)
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

lawgirl415

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 06:23:25 PM »
Hey everyone! roll call for everyone who doesnt spend 6 hours a day preparing for the feb test..stress leads to bad scores ppl! trust me on that!..when i use to panic and spend hours on end studying..i was stuck in the low 150's..i went two weeks went doing any lsat related material..scored a 162..ppl..just relax..the test does not define who you are..

I think you are on to something.

I am engaged and my fiance looked at me last night and said, "I will be so glad when the test is over". He said I haven't been very nice.  :'( It's not like I am trying to be mean, but the stress of the test is getting to me. I want to do something with my life and not get stuck in the admin job I have. I have taken the LSAT before and failed miserably (140). I blame it on the crappy LSAT Prep class I took at my local university....So two years later here I am taking it again. I have the test in 8 days on February 10.

What did you do the week before the test? Did you do full time practice tests, or just review the ones you had taken?

I need to breathe and relax. For those of you who received a 160 or higher on the actual test how did you study the week before the test?
VOTE MCCAIN/PALIN 2008!!!!!!

ajlrf03

• AOL Instant Messenger - SigKiota
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolNumbers
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 09:04:23 PM »
DON'T freak out this week and take too many tests or practice sections.  You will stress yourself out, burn out on everything LSAT, and ultimately destroy your chances of getting the score you want.  Do one or two difficult games, one or two reading comp. passages, and then go through the types of arguments.  Studying the arguments saved me on the LSAT the second time I took it because I knew what the test writers were looking for.  Make some flashcards or something.  However, DO NOT look at anything LSAT Thurs or Fri.  If you're the type of person who does better on the third section on, get up on Saturday and do a few questions in each section.  If you're the type to burn out after the break, don't do ANYTHING after Wednesday. You're as prepared as you're going to be. 

Good luck!!
Alabama Class of 2010!

dungchi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 12:32:31 AM »
law school cutie, are you Chinese or Korean? I heard Asian people are smart.  :) :) :) :)
btw I think studying obsessively hard always helps to a certain degree.  ;D