Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Univ. of Denver *interesting*  (Read 3312 times)

Preppy

• View Profile
    • Email
In at Univ. of Denver *interesting*
« on: January 31, 2007, 01:51:20 PM »
For those of you with low LSAT AND low UG GPA's, there IS hope!

I cannot believe I got into Denver Law with just a 150 LSAT and 2.93 UG GPA...but I think it may have something to do with my current work on my Masters degree and that it is catered towards DU's Environmental/Natural Resources Law program.

...so to those of you who do not think that having a Masters degree isn't helpful, I would like to say there may be hope for you!

I'm just glad as can be!!!  :D

Thanks for your time in reading this!
In: Univ. of Denver; Widener Univ.; Valpo Univ.
WL: Univ. of Akron; Univ. of Baltimore; Hofstra Univ.
Out: None.....yet

SMO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at Univ. of Denver *interesting*
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 05:29:15 PM »
Wow, that is awesome. Congrats to you!! I am very anxiously waiting my decision from them. My numbers are the greatest: 144,3.42. I have some good soft factors though: URM and i also submitted an addendum providing evidence of bad test taking history. I want to get in so bad! How long did it take you to get admitted after you went complete??

Juice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 03:48:36 PM »
Are you a URM with a 150? If you are not, that would really be a surprise as it is a fact that they admit URMs with sub 145 LSATs.

Caveman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 03:57:58 PM »
me hate hippies
Paleolithic U 1L

Preppy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 05:11:36 PM »
Are you a URM with a 150? If you are not, that would really be a surprise as it is a fact that they admit URMs with sub 145 LSATs.

Actually yea (are Asian American's considered URM?) so I am sure that also helped out a lot.

*Just got into Hofstra today too....*shrugs*

watson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 08:06:40 AM »
There is always hope.  My numbers are not the greatest 150/3.21.  I have a powerful personal statement and a strong grade trend.  My personal opinion is at the T3-4 and some T2 schools they do look at the whole package not just the numbers.  T1 are strictly numbers.
Preppy- are you planning on attending Denver?
University of Denver - Class of 2010!!

Preppy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 04:21:58 PM »
I am sitting at 97% at going to Denver.

The remaining 3% is waiting on Drexel (where I am getting my Masters right now) and if they give me $$$, which is highly unlikely, but who knows.

watson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 05:45:11 PM »
I am in the same boat.  I am 99% sure I will be in Denver in August.  I am waiting on UTK to see if by some miracle I get in there.  I do not feel confident they will come through so I am already checking out housing in Denver and making plans to attend admitted student day.

Preppy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 10:17:51 PM »
I am in the same boat.  I am 99% sure I will be in Denver in August.  I am waiting on UTK to see if by some miracle I get in there.  I do not feel confident they will come through so I am already checking out housing in Denver and making plans to attend admitted student day.

Awesome news, nice to see I am conversing with a potential fellow classmate! Best of luck with UTK, but if you do end up at DU, we will definitely have to meet up to say hi in person....and as nerdy as I may sound.....figure out study groups and whatnot ahaha.

What area are you looking at for housing? So far I've been checking out Lakewood, Englewood, and parts of Aurora for apartments.

watson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 08:05:00 AM »
I have been looking online using sites like ForRent and Rent.com.  I like those because they search near the school.  I want to keep the distance at a minimum.  The school also has a great housing website.  I am attending admitted students day in March so I plan on checking out apartments then as well.