Law School Discussion

Do I have a shot at American, U of Arizona, U of Florida, and Uconn? (applied)

when you call schools and ask them what your App status is, will they tell you if a decision has been reached, or tell you only if it is complete? Im getting sick of calling them lol, i just want to know EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW!

I also applied to UC Hastings and UC Davis. Not really sure what to make of those though, im really not expecting much from either of them.

Expect letters.  ;)
haha, im sure you know what I mean though. I didn't ask about those becuase I am basically excepting rejections. But the 4 I asked about, seem easier to get into then Hastings and Davis.

All joking aside, I suggest you expect to be rejected then be pleasantly surprised if you're not.

that is probably a great peice of advice. Plus i am already in at another school which would be fine for me to go to. I REALLY want the UF acceptance though :(. The rest i don't care that much about

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
when you call schools and ask them what your App status is, will they tell you if a decision has been reached, or tell you only if it is complete? Im getting sick of calling them lol, i just want to know EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW!

I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Relax! You've already got a guaranteed future, which is more than a lot of us can say. Don't sweat it; Miami is a great place to be.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
I also applied to UC Hastings and UC Davis. Not really sure what to make of those though, im really not expecting much from either of them.

Expect letters.  ;)
haha, im sure you know what I mean though. I didn't ask about those becuase I am basically excepting rejections. But the 4 I asked about, seem easier to get into then Hastings and Davis.

All joking aside, I suggest you expect to be rejected then be pleasantly surprised if you're not.

Interesting choice of words. You could have also opted for:

Optimism is for morons.

Gretchen W.

• Currently exercising my secret power
    • View Profile
umass - don't let these nay-sayers discourage you. Obviously you are a highly desirable applicant. (That is what it means when schools accept you quickly!) You will probably get in everywhere you apply and be a member of the Supreme Court. I'm rootin' for ya'!

-Gretch

umass - don't let these nay-sayers discourage you. Obviously you are a highly desirable applicant. (That is what it means when schools accept you quickly!) You will probably get in everywhere you apply and be a member of the Supreme Court. I'm rootin' for ya'!

-Gretch

wow.  ???

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile

-Gretch

wow.  ???

Don't mind Gretch.  She's nice.  :)

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email

-Gretch

wow.  ???

I don't know, she strikes me as honestly encouraging, but maybe she was a bit over the top. Hell, I'd be shocked if anyone posting here eventually got to the SC. The odds against are simply overwhelming. But I do think she's being nice.

-Gretch

wow.  ???

I don't know, she strikes me as honestly encouraging, but maybe she was a bit over the top. Hell, I'd be shocked if anyone posting here eventually got to the SC. The odds against are simply overwhelming. But I do think she's being nice.

yea, it sounds a little over the top haha. I'd like to consider myself a highly desirable candidate for the places i at least applied to, but obviously i doubt i am. The ONLY thing that changed me from expecting a rejection from all these places, was the 2 week acceptance from Miami. So hopefully whatever Miami liked about me, the rest will as well?  ;D

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email

-Gretch

wow.  ???

yea, it sounds a little over the top haha. I'd like to consider myself a highly desirable candidate for the places i at least applied to, but obviously i doubt i am. The ONLY thing that changed me from expecting a rejection from all these places, was the 2 week acceptance from Miami. So hopefully whatever Miami liked about me, the rest will as well?  ;D

Aren't you a Pats fan, or something stupid like that? Will you convert to a Fins fan? We have nowhere to go but up, you know.