Law School Discussion

Do I have a shot at American, U of Arizona, U of Florida, and Uconn? (applied)

what about a 155/161 lsat and 3.8 gpa at UF(Instate)?  No great soft factors and average work experience.

Pike#11

• I wish I was here...
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity, what does one actually do in an honor society?  Do you guys get together and talk about politics, organize protests, or is it a resume line you earn for having good grades?

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
what about a 155/161 lsat and 3.8 gpa at UF(Instate)?  No great soft factors and average work experience.

The bolded plus your name combine to cause confusion. Elaborate.

cmon man, don't hijack my thread.  :-\  

Out of curiosity, what does one actually do in an honor society?  Do you guys get together and talk about politics, organize protests, or is it a resume line you earn for having good grades?
they have dinners/functions/meet and greets basically. It's not an activist group or anything, no protests.

Oops, sorry.

I got a 155/161 on my lsat and a 3.8 from NYU.  What are my chances at UF as an instate applicant?

I also applied to UC Hastings and UC Davis. Not really sure what to make of those though, im really not expecting much from either of them.

Pike#11

• I wish I was here...
    • View Profile

Oops, sorry.

I got a 155/161 on my lsat and a 3.8 from NYU.  What are my chances at UF as an instate applicant?

I would guess that you have a decent shot, I was accepted pretty quickly with a 3.43/162 out-of-state but I have strong EC's, worked and paid my own way through undergrad, and have 3.5 years of full-time work after college including working as an analyst supporting an I-Bank.  Not sure how they weighed my diversity statement (I'm 1/4 Romani aka Gypsy).

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile

Depends on the honor society.  I'm in the same one as umass and at my school speakers come and lecture..  oh and there's free food.  :P

I also applied to UC Hastings and UC Davis. Not really sure what to make of those though, im really not expecting much from either of them.

Expect letters.  ;)
haha, im sure you know what I mean though. I didn't ask about those becuase I am basically excepting rejections. But the 4 I asked about, seem easier to get into then Hastings and Davis.