Law School Discussion

Do I have a shot at American, U of Arizona, U of Florida, and Uconn? (applied)

I am a non-URM, my GPA is a 3.58, and my LSAT is a 156.  I have very strong essays, a strong resume and great letters of reccomndations. It will probably be months before i hear back from any of those places, but what do you guys think?  Im already in at U of Miami, but it would be very nice if I could get into a Tier 1.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
Wait, did you already apply?

Wait, did you already apply?

yes, I applied like over a month ago, maybe more?

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
I am a non-URM, my GPA is a 3.58, and my LSAT is a 156.  I have very strong essays, a strong essay and great letters of reccomndations. It will probably be months before i hear back from any of those places, but what do you guys think?  Im already in at U of Miami, but it would be very nice if I could get into a Tier 1.

Plug your numbers into the LSAC website chart thing.  It can tell you much better than any of us can.

I am a non-URM, my GPA is a 3.58, and my LSAT is a 156.  I have very strong essays, a strong essay and great letters of reccomndations. It will probably be months before i hear back from any of those places, but what do you guys think?  Im already in at U of Miami, but it would be very nice if I could get into a Tier 1.

Plug your numbers into the LSAC website chart thing.  It can tell you much better than any of us can.

well they all are around 25 or up.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email

well they all are around 25 or up.

If LSAC says your chances of acceptance > 0, this seems to me to be the very definition of your having a shot.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email

Wait, you have a strong essay seperate from your strong essays? Please, explain.

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
As per LSAC:
Arizona, American 10-15%
Conn - 18-25%
Florida - 25-30%

There, I did the work for you.  Are you happy now?

EDIT:  Originally was based off of a 155 LSAT instead of your 156.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
As per LSAC:
Arizona, American 10-15%
Conn - 12-18%
Florida - 0-10%

There, I did the work for you.  Are you happy now?

Mmm...not lookin good, Umass.

Ehh, maybe his strong essays and his strong essay will help.

Pike#11

• I wish I was here...
    • View Profile

Wait, you have a strong essay seperate from your strong essays? Please, explain.

I think he's saying that some of his essays are very strong, but one of them is just... strong.