Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DWI!!!!!  (Read 1220 times)

billylawschool

• View Profile
    • Email
DWI!!!!!
« on: September 08, 2004, 10:05:39 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas how a dwi conviction would affect law school admissions?

my stats:

3.75/162/DWI

anumi

• Micky Dicky
    • View Profile
Re: DWI!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 10:07:14 PM »
you should see my rap sheet.  when was it?  how long ago?  can you demonstrate reform, volunteer work, etc...

lexylit

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 10:13:30 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas how a dwi conviction would affect law school admissions?

my stats:

3.75/162/DWI

just plug that into chiashu

billylawschool

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 10:29:13 PM »
It is very recent.  I do have volunteer work on my resume and as far as reform, I certainly am not going to put myself in that position again.

I guess my question is how much of a factor is this in admissions?  Is it something that that is looked at after GPAs and LSAT scores are sorted or is it something that could be a heavy admission factor at some schools?

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 10:33:56 PM »
It is very recent.  I do have volunteer work on my resume and as far as reform, I certainly am not going to put myself in that position again.

I guess my question is how much of a factor is this in admissions?  Is it something that that is looked at after GPAs and LSAT scores are sorted or is it something that could be a heavy admission factor at some schools?

i actually think it might affect your chances if it is recent, it could raise questions.  it certainly cant hurt to apply though, and you definitely want to tell them what you are doing to ensure it doesnt happen again.  you might have to settle for a lesser school then your numbers would otherwise merit, but if you do a good enough job convincing them you are trying to do better you should be ok..

this is all pure speculation.

Tom Slick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 10:38:08 PM »
I would just tell them the truth, and see what happens. My buddy had a DWI and ended up getting a pilots job after it happen. It was of course a few years later, but nobody is perfect. The president of the United States has a DWI!!!!